This Still Belongs to You and Always Will

Chapter 44

Elena's P.O.V:

Frankie was back at about one in the afternoon. I'd been curled up in bed with the PS2 on for something to do. Patches had gone cold so I'd tossed him from the bed moodily. He rapped his knuckles lightly on my door and waited politely until I gave him permission to come in. A sympathetic smile was shadowing his face as he poked his head round the door. I smiled back and gestured him in.

"Hey, I. . . uh, got you something!" He stated, tossing me a paper bag.

I cocked my head curiously, sliding my hand in and pulling out. . . a huge bar of chocolate.

"Thank you!" I grinned, tearing the packet open and munching on it "Want some?"

"Nah, it's for you!" He stated, glancing at the tv "What you playing?"

"Outbreak File 2!"

"Any good?" He questioned with interest "I haven't played it yet."

"Yeah, but when you pause the zombies still move! So you can't pause and go to the bathroom or anything!"

"Wow, that kinda' sucks!"

"Only a little."

He laughed and got up to go make a coffee, asking if I wanted one. I requested a hot chocolate instead and returned to my game as he left the room with Luna trotting after him with a hopefulness to her step.

I giggled at her, shooting various undead in the head. . .

. . . At some point, Frankie and I trailed downstairs and started to watch some random movie on tv together. It wasn't any good but neither of us could be bothered to change the channel. He had an arm round my shoulders and, every so often, he'd lean down and kiss the top of my head. I smiled and snuggled into him.

Knock Knock

"Argh," Frankie groaned "Get the door for me, Luna!"

No reaction.

He struggled up and mumbled something about people being so Goddamn ignorant these days, making me giggle. I settled back down to watch the movie while Frank got the door. However, the conversation I heard and the voice I recognised caught my attention. My ears pricked up.

"Erm. . . she's not that well at the moment!"

"Oh no, why not?"

"Mom?" I questioned, poking my head out the door.

She beamed past Frank at me, pushing her hair from her face and opening her arms for a hug. I grinned back and hugged her too, letting her kiss my head. She smelt of sultry perfume and cigarette smoke. Should she be smoking if she was pregnant? I shrugged. I'm no expert.

"What's the matter with my baby?" She cooed.

"Stomach ache." I replied.

"Ah," She said understandably "I know the feeling. Horrible, isn't it?"

"Yeah."

She looked up at Frank with a sweet smile and muttered 'girls, eh?'. He nodded with a forced smile and went 'mm'. I could tell he doesn't like her. Not one little bit. I wondered if it was purely because she was Dad's blast from the past. Maybe he didn't like her because she'd forced Dad into full-time teen parenting.

"Look, I absolutely insist that you do!" She said.

"I dunno'," He replied "Gerard's been working late recently and I dunno' if he'll want to-"

"Do what?" I questioned, looking at Frank "Dad doesn't work late that often."

Mom smirked.

"Come over to ours for dinner, of course," She smiled "I'd love to get to know you all better."

"We'd love to!" I said straight away.

Frank looked defeated, glancing from one girl to the other. He sighed and ran an hand through his hair thoughtfully. His expression told me he didn't like this idea one little bit.

"I'll talk to your Dad." He sighed heavily.