The Continuing

Sarah? What the heck is going on!?

"Sarah..." Cal mumbles quickly, stunned that this could be happening.

"Yes Cal?" She says in a delighted tone, as if nothing has ever happened.

"What happened?, how are you completely better already?" Cal said in a confusing voice.

"They made me better Cal, they always had a cure, well not really a cure, but I guess you can call it that." She says looking down at her steak. You see, what they had given me, was actually the virus, I mean disease itself. They had found a way to control it, and wanted to see if it actually was the disease. Who better to try it on then a peep already in the form? I mean what is the worst that could happen?

"The worse that could happen." Cal says, quickly changing from curious to an outrage. "The worse that could happen is, you could have died, it could have had you in that state forever!
What if the pills had a side effect so bad, you could have gone into a trance or something?!
Cal was now yelling, all eyes in the dinner were on him, he looked around and realized how loud he actually was, and sat down.

"Cal" Sarah said in a soft sweet tone. "I know the risks, after you injected me with the needle, And they came and got me, they explained it all, and I agreed to go through with it.

"Why?" Cal says, his voice now calmer, his eyes more peaceful. "Why would you do that? Knowing you were endangering your life".

"Because Cal, I knew even when I took the cure I would still be a peep, just not a full blown, so I thought what the heck? I mean, I am already a peep. So I went for it, and I am FINE. Isn't that all that matter's really?

Cal shrugs his shoulders and shakes his head in agreement, knowing she is right. "Yeah, you're right, as long as you are fine now. But let me ask you one thing..." He says, expression changing.

"Sure." She says quickly, awaiting his question.

"Was the shrink in on this too?" He says smiling

"Yes, she was, remember? You were supposed to meet her down here. Do you really think that she would leave that building to come and see you down at a diner?" She says smiling spreading across her face.

"Well, yeah your right." Cal says. "Hey lets get out of here, do you remember Lance? Well, we are together, lets go to the apartment, so you two can meet up again, and me, well I am going to bed. He laughs quickly.

"Sure lets go..." she says