I'd Give You My Heart and I'd Let You Just Hold It

It All Just Hits So Close To Home

A month had passed and I no longer had to be watched. I jumped into George's arms as I walked out of the building where my now ex-therapist's office was located. I no longer had to go to therapy either.
“So where are we going?” I asked after I climbed into the passenger's seat of the Cadillac.
“Matt got a girl, we're going to meet her” he replied as he drove to our destination, an Olive Garden. When we walked in, Matt, a girl I didn't recognize, Aron and Alexis, Dylan and Jaiden were at the table. George and I walked over hand in hand and I hugged all of them, except for the girl I didn't know. Matt stood up and held his hand out for the girl.
“Heather, you've already met George, but this is his girlfriend Elizabeth; Elizabeth this is my girlfriend Heather” Matt said awkwardly yet somehow still proudly as he looked between the two of us. I looked her up and down, analyzing her. She had long beautiful black hair, soft green eyes, and a breath-taking figure. I smiled and held my hand out to her. She took it and returned my smile. We all sat down and soon Jordan, Aeseret, Jorel, and Jeniss walked in.
By the time lunch was over I got to know a bit more about Heather. When it was time for us to go, Heather needing to get to work, I hugged her before Matt left. Matt smiled when I did so I know he was happy.
“What'd you think of Heather?” Matt asked when he walked into the studio the next day.
“She seemed sweet, down to earth” Jeniss replied from her perch on Jay's lap.
“She's going to fit in perfectly with us” Aeseret said as she let Jordan guide her fingers on his guitar. Everyone answered but me. Matt looked at me expectantly.
“She's amazing, I'm sure if your mom was still around she'd be proud of you” I said quietly. Talking about Matt's mom was a sore subject for him. He smiled sadly before going to his drums. He started laying down drum tracks for one of their new songs, dove and grenade.

A few hours later we were done and I walked to Jordan's car. We were having a 'family bonding night' as our dad called it. In other words dad got a new girlfriend. George offered to take Jeniss home, which she agreed to saying she wanted Jordan and I to spend time together. I climbed into the passenger's seat when Jordan unlocked it with the remote on his key chain and waited for him to get to the car. We spent the almost hour drive to dad's house catching up and talking. When we got to dad's we walked in and saw a woman whom neither of us recognized in my kitchen. I thought of telling her to get out so I could make dinner but thought better of it when I notice she was making dinner, in my kitchen. Instead I let Jordan lead me to the couch where he sat me down.

I found out that the woman's name was Jane and that she was Dad's new girlfriend. Jane apologized for using my kitchen but she wanted to cook for us. I smiled and told her she was an amazing cook. Jordan suggested that we try cooking together sometime and we both agreed. I was a little skeptic of her at first but then I noticed how much she made dad happy. Sappy? Maybe. True? Definitely.