Blood Reigns

Don't Have to Tell Me Twice.

"Shadows, I need your help." Zacky said his small lisp more apparent than ever as he sat down on the end of my bed.

"I can't even help myself, how am I suppose to help you?" I growled, causing him to scoot off the edge into the floor in fear. I sighed and held my hand out to him, lifting him back onto the bed as soon as his hand scooted into mine, "Sorry. What's going on?"

"You have to talk to your dad. I think he's going senile." He sighed.

I let out a gruff laugh, "Why doesn't that surprise me? What is with you and him anyway? First the beating now you think he's going nuts."

"Apparently he wants to keep the family line as powerful as can be. He wanted you to mate with Maria, but you're not into girls. Neither is Synyster. So I'm the next in line and since I can at least stomach seeing a girl naked, he thought why not. But then Mother came to talk to me-"

"Your mother came to hell . . . how?" I frowned at him.

"No. Mother, as in your mother . . .our mother." He looked at me point blank.

I was confused, "I don't get it."

"One time, apparently, your mother got so mad at Satan that she went to Earth and had an affair with a lawyer from Orange County. When I was born I was sent to live with him and grew up normal. I'm your brother, Maria's brother. I may be a sadistic fuck, but Im not into family affairs. I refuse to screw my sister even to keep the family line going." He shook his head, "And your father isn't taking my refusal too well."

"I'll talk to him." I sighed, "He has to understand we all grew up with morals unlike him. Now can you do me a favor?"

"Sure." Zacky shrugged. I stared at him for a moment and tried to see resemblances between me and him, between him and Mother. I didn't see it. I only stopped when he waved his hand in front of my face, "Hello, Shadows, anyone home in there?"

I swatted at his hand, "Yeah, yeah. Can you talk to Johnny for me?"

"Pssh no. Sorry, but I'm on his side. It's a two way street, Shads. Syn had to learn to give and take. So did I. Why should you be any different?" He shook his head.

I glared at him, "Maybe because I'm a good foot taller than him and could break him without even realizing it and that would be really strange, don't you think?"

He thought for a second and then shook his head, "No, apart from the whole, you being my brother thing I think it's kinda hot. Of course that might be because Johnny's hot. Come on, Shadows, you can't tell me it doesn't turn you on to think about him doing you."

Okay so maybe it did, a little bit, but that was entirely beside the point.

He huffed, "Just go let him fuck you stupider and stop worrying about it so much. At least you'll have made the midget angel boy happy."

I twiddled my thumbs and stared at them for a moment before looking over at him, "The fact that he won't even talk to me in his head is getting to me. I guess I'll have to at least agree to try."

"You think?" He smirked at me.

I rolled my eyes, "Get outta here. Go bang Syn."

"Don't have to tell me twice." Zacky grinned mischievously and scrambled away. I laughed and laid back.

Johnny. After a few moments, I sighed, Johnny. I love you. You know that right? Please come to the bedroom.

Another moment or so passed before I got Why should I?

Because I'm ready to try if you are.


I got no response but a few moments later, Johnny's head poked into the room and he looked at me with wide eyes. I held my hand out to him and he sped across the room to crawl up the bed and plant a kiss to my lips. I held him there, turning the kiss far more heated. After a moment, he pulled back and smiled hugely at me.

I laughed a little, "Do you-"

He shook his head and leaned in to nip at my lip ring, "Honestly, no one thinks that's going to help and all I wanted was for you to agree to it and stop being a prick."

I tugged at the back of his Mohawk, "Fucking tease."

He laughed and pulled back, "Have you talked to your dad about my um . . . angel problem?"

"Do you really see being an angel as a problem now?" I asked.

He bit down on his lip and shrugged. I sighed and pulled him closer, "No, I haven't. I will later."

"Okay." He shifted on the bed, laying his head on my chest. In moments he was asleep. For the first time, I lay awake under him, watching him as he slept. His face was slack, boyish, but smooth and happy. The oddest thing was that he practically seemed to glow with this unnatural light. Why? I murmured next to his ear, "Johnny."

He moaned and jerked his eyes open. Immediately, the glow faded. I've seen some weird shit down here, but that is really really strange. I sat up, pulling him with me, "Johnny, have you ever watched me sleep?"

He mumbled affirmatively, snuggling into me even as we sat there. He was really tired it seemed. I gave him a tiny shake, "Does anything weird happen?"

"Your horns pop out, and if you snore your fangs grow." He shrugged and then whined, "Shadows, I'm sleepy."

"I noticed. But first . . .did you know you glow in your sleep?"

"Oh that." He chuckled, "That's just my halo, Shadows."

"Your halo!" I groaned. Why hadn't we noticed before that he'd never lost his halo? Well because apparently it was only visible in his sleep. For fuck sakes. . . .

He shrugged, "Can we talk about this later please?"

I nodded and rubbed his back lightly, easing us back down so that he could get
comfortable. I cringed when my rubbing hand hit the stubs that had belonged to his wings. It seemed like I was going to forever be reminded that Johnny was an angel, and only here because of some deal my father made. It was enough to drive any man mad and any demon into a rage.