Blood Reigns

Neutral

I knew Shadows wasn't happy about how I'm still an angel. Neither was his father, apparently, and he was catching shit from him about that. On top of that, our fight was long and stupid and pointless, but eventually he got what I needed from him. Yet things still weren't going the right way. I still had a halo, Shadows had something bugging him, and Satan was still pissed. Lovely, right?

"Daddy needs to talk to you." Maria smiled at me from the doorway of the antechamber. I was waiting on Shadows to get back from checking on Zacky and Synyster, who'd taken off earlier after a meeting with Satan.

I nodded, "Alright. Where is he?"

"His chambers." She shrugged and walked away. I stared after her. She was pretty . . . well for a girl. She radiated something, the same thing Shadows did and it wasn't anything evil. She held a power over most of the male souls here like he held a power over me.

I followed after her at a quick pace. Evidently it was a family trait, being tall with a long gait and it was a bitch to keep up with either the sister or the brother at times, although I had a feeling Maria liked to walk ahead of people. She opened the door to her father's chambers with a wave of her hand and kept going. I dunked inside.

Satan stared at me, "Johnny! How are you, kid?"

"G-good, sir." I fidgeted nervously.

He chuckled, "Come in, come in, much like my son, I don't bite . . .not once you're down here anyway, and not the male species. Tell me how are you and Shadows doing?"

"Better." I shrugged, moving a tad farther into the room.

"That's great! So I suppose he's told you about Zacky, hmm?" He motioned to a chair across from the bed he was sitting on.

That was some shit, Zacky being Shadows' half-brother. I nodded.

"And why I was so mad at Zacky here recently?" He eyed me.

I nodded again. Can't say I blame Zacky. I wouldn't have sex with my sister either.

"I can see you don't approve of my reasoning. Most people now a days are born with a strong sense of morality. Shadows is going to have a hard time collecting souls and whoever takes over for him is going to have an even harder time. I'd like for that demon to be at least as powerful as me, since they're likely to not be anywhere near Shadows' power. Maria is pretty much my only hope but it's not easy to find someone to mate her with. Most of the powerful demons her age here are well . . .gay or related to her. Synyster was my first choice since he wasn't related to her. All I had to do was take a trip through his mind to find out that, although he'd probably do it, he wouldn't be able to. He'd never be able to get it up for her; he's all about Zacky. Shadows has made it more than obvious he'd never touch her like that. Zacky refused and he was my last resort. I lost my temper of course. Then an idea occurred to me. Johnny, how do you feel about girls?" He folded his arms and stared at me expectantly. If he was that ready to know, why didn't he do the same to me that he had Synyster?

"Neutral." I shrugged. Like I'd explained to Shadows before, I wasn't a sexual person until I'd been with him. Girls had never really interested me but I couldn't say I wasn't attracted to them.

He stared at me for a moment more, "Hum, then what about specifically Maria?"

"She's . . . nice." In the sexy way that I wasn't use to.

"Good then you won't mind doing me a favor." How did I not see that coming?

"Shadows would hate me."

"Well if you don't then Shadows won't get the chance to hate you. I'll send you back to heaven, angel boy." He growled at me, "But not before I rip the skin off of you."

I gulped and turned away, "I don't want to hurt him."

"Oh, come on. He's a demon, Johnny. I'm sure he's not going to mind. Maria! Get your ass in here." He called and a moment later, Maria walked in. She looped her arms around my neck and pressed her mouth to mine. I held still. Satan may be forcing me to do this, but that didn't mean I had to be active in it. That was the last bit of reasoning that passed through my head as Maria 's fingers undid my belt.

****SHADOW'S POV****

"Hey, I'm glad things are okay then, but I gotta get back to Johnny. I left him waiting for far too long." I waved casually at them as I escaped from Zacky's whining and Synyster's coddling. Best friends or no, gay or not, I couldn't handle much more of that. I sped down the corridor to the antechambers and found them empty. I let out a small groan. Where was Johnny?

Johnny? You in the bedroom?

N-no . . .Gah.

Where are you then?

Satan's chambers.


As soon as I had his answer, I blinked there. What greeted me caused bile to rise in my throat. Riding Johnny on Father's bed was my sister. How could he do that?

I let out a roar and ripped her away, throwing her across the room and picking up Johnny. He clung to me, but I shook him rapidly and resisted the urge to rip off his head. As soon as I realized that I was practically squeezing him to the point of breaking his bones I dropped him to the bed and blinked myself to earth. I screamed out my frustration, dropping to the ground, not noticing the ground start to quake around me. How could Johnny do this to me? How could Maria?