Blood Reigns

There Was A Deal About This!

Even though we were having it hard trying to spend time together, Johnny was supportive of me being the ruler of Hell, thankfully. He sat with me whenever he could to watch me sorting the souls and always walked the corridors with me as we watched Zacky and Syn work. He visited his mother whenever he got the chance but he didn't let her miserable opinion hurt us. However, that didn't mean we were all fine and dandy. We had more fights than good times and I always seemed to be at fault. Come on, he's still a fucking angel, of course I'm the one at fault.

It all came to a head one day when Synyster ran into the antechambers, screaming something about angels. Johnny and I had been arguing about the fact that another accident had happened in a major city, meaning there were loads of more souls for me to sort tonight. Another night alone wasn't pleasing to him. I couldn't say I blamed him. I placed my hand over Syn's mouth, "Calm down, slow down. What's going on?" I slowly moved my hand.

"Apparently, all your rage is causing major disruptions on Earth. Everytime you two argue, something happens and it kills loads of people, haven't you noticed?"

I looked at Johnny, who agreed with me that he hadn't noticed, but he looked like he was about to cry. I pulled him to me, "Shh. No, Synyster, we didn't notice."

"Yeah well, apparently someone did. And He sent angels to get Johnny back, to stop the fighting." Synyster let out in another rush just as the doors flew open. In came two glowing, cherub-faced . . .creatures. Honestly, they were beautiful in a way that was unreal.

One looked at me, "Let him go, Shadows. You're causing too much damage, everything's becoming unbalanced."

I clung to Johnny, "Go back to heaven, kid. Johnny stays."

Johnny clung to me, "Of course I stay, they can't make me leave."

"Oh, yes we can." The other stepped forward. Horrible pressure descended on my
shoulders and Johnny was pulled from my arms without me being able to stop him. He cried out and as soon as the pressure let up off of my arms I lunged forward to stop the angels. I ripped one away from Johnny and grabbed Johnny around the waist. I quickly blinked him into our chambers.

"Stay here, Johnny. Do not come out and scream with everything you have if anyone comes in after you. Trust no one but me." Who knew what the angels were capable of?

"What are you going to do?" He asked me, his eyes wide.

"Get rid of our visitors." I tried to shrug it off like it was no big deal. I could tell he was scared. I kissed him hard on the mouth before blinking back to the antechambers. The angels jerked when I landed in front of them. I glared slightly, knowing that between the two of them, they could probably over power me, but no way was I letting them take Johnny from me. "My father had a deal about Johnny. That deal sticks and Johnny stays here."

"He comes with us or goes back to Earth as an angel of death, platonic. We know this doesn't really matter to your sort, but Johnny's not happy here, Shadows. He wants to leave." The angel reached out as if in sympathy and then let out a strange hiss, recoiling it's hand.

I smirked, "Yeah right. Johnny loves it here." I think?

"Just get out of the way, Shadows. We don't want to hurt you. But we have permission to do so." The other one said in a silky-soft voice that made me want to cringe.

Synyster snorted, "You hurt Shadows. Excuse me if I don't see that happening."

Big mouth, he should know that these things were more powerful than they looked. He ended up face first on the floor and one took particular delight in stepping on him as he walked past him to get closer to me, "Where is he, Shadows?"

Before I could protest, Johnny managed to blink himself into the room. I growled, "Get back!"

"N-no, Shads. I need to say something-"

The angel covered Johnny's mouth and that pissed me off. What right did he have doing that shit? I flung him off Johnny, making him hit the floor beside of Synyster. Johnny looked at me with wide eyes, "Shadows!"

I frowned, "I'm sorry but-"

"No buts. You just threw a fucking angel, Shadows. Do you know the kind of shit we can get into for that? Do you know this could start a war between hell and heaven? You don't do that sort of thing." He sounded more than exasperated.

I reached for him and he stepped closer only to be jerked back by the second angel, "Let's go, Jonathan. Now."

And like that he was gone I felt like something was ripping me in two and I tried to follow. I made it as far as the gates before I was jerked back by Zacky, Maria, and Synyster. Syn rubbed my arms, "Dude, where he's going, you can't follow."

I fell to the floor, knowing he was right. I had to get Johnny back here without following after him like I'd done before. But how?

*****
"There was a deal! Johnny has to stay here. You're not being . . . you about this." Father growled loudly.

They were destroying Earth! I could not let that happen, Lucifer! Johnny will be restored on Earth as an angel of death, he's already agreed, as long as his mother joins him. The big booming voice that rang out over the halls of hell belonged to God.

Father snorted, "An angel of death? The kid lost his wings. He's been rammed by my son, my very male son. I thought angels couldn't be homos."

I'm not unwilling to bend a few rules to keep Earth in tact, Lucifer. I sent my best angel to to rule over hell for less havoc than these two have been causing. Johnny remains on Earth.

"Come on, he mocks your son, he screws guys, he smokes and drinks and has piercings. Why do you want him so bad? Shadows will keep his temper, he's perfectly capable of it." Father cajoled. Was he forgetting he couldn't wheel and deal with this guy?

I will allow them to see each other. At appointed times. With supervision. That's all I can allow, and that is stretching it.

I let out a growl of frustration and my father touched my arm, causing me to flinch. He looked at me with his eyebrows raised. I sighed, "Fine. What time, when, and who?"

Day after tomorrow, New York times of 10 a.m. until darkness falls. You can pick who, as long as they stay with you the entire time.

That's better than nothing right? Right. If only Johnny had shown up. It was close to darkness when I finally sighed, trying to poke into his head.

Fucking shitty ass road, shitty ass people chose NOW to keel over. Shadows is so pissed, I can feel it. I hope he knows I want to be there. I'm trying. Fucking god for sa-ouch!

I gave a small chuckle. At least he was trying. I checked the clock a few moments later before prodding again. Johnny?

So that was you. I'm sorry.

Stop being sorry and come back here.

I can't, Shadows.

You can. You didn't have to agree. When you agreed, it made it possible for them to keep you away. It sealed their deal.

Everyone thinks it's for the best, Shadows. I'm sorry.

Fuck everyone.

My mom likes me again, Shadows. I don't know . . .

Alright whatever, I have shit to get done here. Sorry we didn't get to get together.
With that I turned out the apologies and explanations to go to the antechamber. I had souls to sort and meetings with father, duties and responsibilities that didn't include one angel no matter how much I loved him.