Blood Reigns

I Knew What I Had To Do.

"How are you doing, Shadows?" Mother asked, coming into the antechamber.

I jerked up to look at her. I'd rarely seen her out of her own chambers, "The same as always, Mother."

"I dont think so." She shook her head, "I've been watching you, you know."

"I know you do that, Mother." I shrugged.

"Yes, but do you know what I see?" She lifted herself onto my old throne.

Father wheeled himself into the room before I could answer, "The same thing I see. A
broken soul. He misses Johnny as much as I miss you."

"You should have thought of that before you started fucking our daughter, Satan. Anyway, your father just happens to be right though, Shadows. You got really use to Johnny being here didn't you?"

"No. I fell in love with him." I shrugged again.

Father jerked, "Did you tell him that?"

"Of course I did."

"And he left anyway?" Mother covered her mouth.

"Uh. Yeah. He kinda didn't have a choice." I was back to being sarcastic and smirky.

"His mother contacted me today." Father spun in a circle.

"What did she want?" I growled. As far as I was concerned, she was the reason Johnny wouldn't say he wanted to be here with me.

"To ask me if you'd been in contact with him. She said he's still acting as if he was in hell." Father smirked.

"I haven't spoken to him since the night of our first arranged meeting after he left." There had been two more, one which he skipped. The other I skipped to get back at him.

"He probably feels like he's in hell then." Mother sighed and glared at me, "Call for him, Shadows."

"No fucking way." I shook my head.

"Shadows, listen to your mother." Father growled. I simply stared at him until he turned away, telling me I'd regret not listening to them.

"Grow up, Shadows, and be a man. Take the first step."

Like I said no fucking way.

"Shadows, can I come in?" This was Maria, standing in the doorway of my chambers. I stared at her and shrugged. She ran over and laid on my bed with me. She'd changed in the last few weeks. I could bear to be around her without thinking "this is the person that fucks my father . . . her father." After a few moments, she turned over and laid her head on my shoulder, "Do you think Daddy and Mother are going to . . . be together?"

"If they are, things will change, but I doubt it. There's a reason why they separated in the first place." I looked down at her. She sighed and snuggled closer. She looked exhausted, "What's wrong?"

"Everyone's so worried about you. I can't block people out like you can, Shadows. I hear them all the time. You should know that includes Johnny." She sighed again. I stroked her hair, smirking. She'd talk herself to sleep like she did when we were kids.

"Is that so?"

"Umhum. He misses you. He misses being here. He loves you, Shadows. He just doesn't realize that's what he feels for you." Another sigh and her body went lax. Mine however stiffened. Johnny loves me? Loves me? Then why the hell was on earth as a fucking angel instead of in my arms?

I called out to him, Johnny, I love you!

Shadows! I'm working here!

Yeah so? You heard me.

Let me finish and I'll come talk to you.


At least I got a response.

Almost an hour later, Synyster knocked on my door, "Should I let Johnny in?"

"Yeah. Why didn't he blink?" I frowned.

"It's not polite." Johnny reminded me, stepping around Synyster, "And I knew you'd say yeah, so I just followed him."

I blinked Maria back to her bed and held my arms out for Johnny. He paused before
crawling up the bed and into my arms. I kissed him heatedly before pulling back, "I love you. Johnny, come home."

"I want to, Shads, but I can't exactly fight God and I . . .my mom." He bit his lip.

"Are you happy on Earth?" I groaned.

"Not completely. I miss you." He mumbled against my lips.

I didn't have to ask why he was staying there I knew the answer: his mother. He was trying to be what she wanted him to be but was apparently failing. I rubbed his back and nodded, "We'll figure it out. We'll be together some how."

I had a feeling I knew what I had to do. I was just hoping not.