Blood Reigns

The End

"You want to do what? Are you out of your fucking mind?" Father glared at me.

"I have to do this, you don't seem to understand. I would give up everything, all my power, to have Johnny back here. But he can't be happy here so I have to go there." I glared back. He looked away.

"You think it's just as simple as handing hell over to Zacky or Synyster and walking away? You're my son, Shadows. It's in your blood to be a demon. Just like it's in Johnny's blood to be innocent, no matter what you or I or anyone else does to him." Father sighed.

I groaned, "I know this, for fuck sakes. I just want to be with Johnny. I don't want to be Satan anymore."

"Listen to you, you sound like a five year old! 'I don't want to be Satan anymore'? Suck it up, get your head screwed on straight and start acting like a demon instead of a wussy fairy!" I watched my father screaming at me.

"A wussy fairy? Who put you in that chair?" I grabbed the chair and pushed it against the wall, getting close to his face. I could tell he wanted to strike out at me but he was shaking. Maybe he was slowly getting the point. I was bigger, I was more powerful, and I wanted out.

"Back off me, Shadows. Go get your brother if you're that eager to go be a faggot on Earth." He finally growled out.

I flung him away from me. Zacky!

What? Always when I'm busy, geez . .
.
Get off your knees. You want hell? Cause I don't. I want Johnny. Get your ass in here so I can leave.

What?! No no no no. I'm happy where I'm at. I am not ruling hell. No thanks.


What the fuck? Who refuses that sort of power? Zacky! I'm serious. This is the only way I can be with Johnny.

Here's an idea. Ask Maria.


A female ruler in hell? Father would never buy it. I'm screwed.

"Johnny." I panted pulling him up to kiss me.

He pulled back a bit, licking his bottom lip, "How was-"

"Why do you always ask that?" I laughed a little, reaching down to button my pants, "You have the greatest mouth on you. Stop asking."

"Okay." He looked down at our hands. I raised them up to kiss his palm, "It's cool that we can do this."

I nodded, "I just keep hoping you'll stay."

"I can't, Shadows." He groaned, burying his head against my shoulder.

I clutched him closer, aware as always that I had to be careful not to hurt him, "I know, Johnny. But you can't blame me for hoping. I'm working on changing things."

"How?" Curiosity killed the cat angel.

"Father and I are working through some, uh, problems. Would it be bad if I came to Earth?"

"To do what?" He frowned, his small fingers playing over my shoulders, tracing the tattoos there.

"To stay."

I was met with silence before his arms would around my neck and he stretched to crush our mouths together. He moaned against them and pulled away just when I'd taken control enough to deepen the kiss, "I love you."

"What?" My eyes had to be as wide as saucers.

"I. Love. You. Yes, you, spawn of Satan." He laughed but then a moment later cried out, "Ow ow ow! Fuck me!"

Okay, if you insist. Worry pressed that thought away, "What? What's wrong?"

"My mother fucking wings." He hissed.

That's when I noticed black clumps falling to the floor.

Father! Mother! What's happening? Amazing who I still call for when I'm freaked out? Who says a demon can't be childish at times?

Tell him to be calm. You're both getting what you wanted. Even in my head, Father's voice was smug.

What are you talking about?

Ask Johnny.


"Father says to calm down because we're both getting what we wanted. He also said to ask you what that means." I turned questioning eyes to Johnny.

He frowned for a moment before one of his warm, innocent, oh-so-happy smiles split his face, "It means I'm staying."

"No really?" My eyes widened even more.

"Yeah. All I ever wanted was to know that you were as willing to give up everything for us as I was. When you said you would give up being the ruler of hell to come live on Earth with me, I couldn't stop myself from saying that I love you and meaning every word of it. I want to be
with you and loving you seems to be the perfect reason to the powers that be." He shrugged a bit and turned in my arms.

Lightly, I touched his back, wincing at the acidic feel and watched the wounds heal. He leaned back into me and lifted his face to mine. After a long kiss, he yawned, "I feel like . . .there's nothing left in me."

"That's the absence of power. You're not the angel of death anymore." So color me excited. I couldn't help it!

He laughed and nodded, "That I'm not. But I am sleepy."

"Then let's sleep." I reached for the silky sheets he'd loved so much when he first came here and we curled together on the bed. Hours later, I stared down at Johnny and noticed there was no glow, there was no ethereal coldness to him. He was warm and peaceful, almost sweating from the heat of our bodies. He wasn't an angel anymore and we'd beat everything. Nothing was going to keep us apart, not omnipotent deities or mothers. Wings or horns, Johnny and I belonged together, an unholy union that not even the bloodline that reigned our lives could tear up. Who knew what life in the underworld could bring next?

The End
♠ ♠ ♠
okay i know it took me over a year and a half to finish this up but honestly? I'd forgotten that I hadn't posted it all. Thanks to aliyah-Loves-A7X for the reminder!