Blood Reigns

Cause I'm Lost When You're Away

"Johnny!" I called out, burying my face in my hands. Where was he? Today was the day but that didn't mean he was suppose to just poof without a word, unless he really didn't care. I'd been wrong and he all he'd wanted this entire time was to get away from me. Well . . . I wasn't having it. I swung myself off the bed again for the eighth time this morning and stomped through the corridors.

Synyster.

Wha . .. at?

Did you happen to let Johnny out this morning?

Ummm.yeah.

Why the fuck?!

He needed to leave. He'll come back, he said he would. Ummm . . .

Do I want to know what you're doing?

Guess you can figure it out.

Well stop, we have to go hunt for Johnny. Now!

Fine, fine.


No more then ten minutes later, Zacky and Synyster were in my chambers. Zacky leaned his head against Synyster's shoulder, "We should go ask Satan where Johnny's at."

"Why?"

"Because he'll know how to find him." He shrugged simply.

Yeah and then he'd rip the skin off my back for losing him. No thanks. I shook my head.

Synyster laid a hand on my arm, "Shadows, if you really want him back, you have to ask your father."

Damnit. I sighed and nodded, "Fine, fine, you're right. Let's go." I followed him toward my dad's chambers. I didn't bother to scan or knock to see if I could go in. I didn't care, and the sight that greeted me didn't surprise me. It just made me frustrated. I let out a roar to get Father's attention, "Father!"

He grunted as he pushed into Maria again and looked over his shoulder, "What, Shadows?"

"Where's Johnny?"

He barely paused, "I . . .don't know. He's your mate."

"He ran off last night."

"Then use your senses." He finally let out another grunt and turned to me, breathing heavy.

I sighed, "I can't sense him. I've lost him."

"Then you never had him at all." He shrugged, "I suggest you get over it and we pick you someone else."

"I don't want someone else. I won't live like you and Mother, never satisfied. You can't stop fucking Maria and she can't stop thinking about you, so you're both completely miserable. Just because I'm your son doesn't mean I can't have a good life. I need Johnny to have that life." I glared.

He rolled his eyes, "Why are you here? You know where he's at. He's on Earth, searching."

"For what?" I frowned but didn't get an answer. No one could have answered me anyway. They knew about as much about what was going through Johnny's head as I did. I sighed and motioned to Synyster and Zacky, "They're coming with me. I need as much help as I can get."

"Whatever. Just remember that you have until midnight until his birthday is officially over and then he really can just disappear if he wants. Work quick, Shadows."

I looked over at the guys, "Let's go. Time's wasting."

They hurried out after me and we reached the surface quicker than we ever had. Stepping out of the alleyway that was more than familiar to me now, I looked around frantically. So many people . . . where to start?

***Johnny's POV***

Why'd it have to be so hard to leave? It should have been simple. I'm an angel; my place is not in hell. Yet I feel like I've made the worst mistake ever, even worse than the first time I snorted cocaine. I was cold, I was confused because it'd been a long time since I'd been in this part of town, and Shadows was screaming in my head, causing me to flinch. I needed to get back to him, his pain at thinking he'd lost me was nearly unbearable. My own heart felt like it was breaking, the farther I walked and the more I realized I was lost and couldn't find my way to Jimmy's to get back to hell. I was lost and my legs hurt, so I decided to just take a seat on the curb and rest.

Mind you, though innocent as I seem, I did grow up on the streets, a junkie at heart. Unfortunately for me, that's been a while and I forgot the most important thing: watch out for yourself. In my exhaustion I paid no notice to the leering looks two scruffy looking guys eyeballing me. I was thinking hard about how to get out of the inner city to the outskirts where Jimmy's bar was when I felt a hand clamp around my shoulder. I jumped and whirled to face the person. He sneered, showing off missing and broken front teeth. I shuddered.

He chuckled, "Well aren't you just the punk I've been hunting? I bet you know where to get some goods."

I shook my head, "No man, I don't-"

"Yeah, okay. No drugs? How about other goods?" His hand tightened on my arm.

I groaned, "Stop. No."

He tugged me to my feet and I immediately screamed. The look he gave me showed me that this wasn't such a good idea.