Blood Reigns

What Have I Got To Lose?

"Have you seen any sign of him?" Synyster asked, looking above my head to the digital clock outside of some bank.

I shook my head, "Not even a glimpse."

"Where could he be?" Zacky groaned. He was tired. We all were. It seemed like we'd been walking around this town for hours, neither of us suggesting maybe Johnny wasn't here. For some reason I just knew he was. He had to be.

"Have you talked to Jimmy yet?" Synyster cocked an eyebrow at me.

I nodded, "He said he's not seen him yet, but he'll get in contact with me when and if he does."

"Well . . . you know maybe we should head that way. He has to know that if he wants to come back he has to get in touch with Jimmy, so he should be that way too." Zacky shrugged.

Such simple logic. Why did it seem wrong then? I sighed, "Fine, let's go that way. At the very least, you two can go on back and I can continue to look for him on my own."

"Why would we do that?" Zacky snapped.

"Because it's not any of your concern and I know this-"

"Look, we may be evil little bitches, but . . . you're our friend, Sha- Matt, just like Johnny is. You two deserve to be together, on some weird level that makes no sense to me or anyone else but you two." Synyster let out a gruff laugh, "So let us keep helping."

"Fine, fine. Let's just . . .blink to Jimmy's." I shrugged.

"Let's not. We may find Johnny along the way." They both looked at me like I was stupid.

They had every right to; worry over Johnny was making me frantically stupid.

"You're right." I nodded and lead the way. I hadn't taken maybe four steps when it felt like my head was exploding into a million tortured screams. I stumbled and Synyster caught me, barely. I shook it off and started to walk again when the screaming started again. This time it was only one voice and it was distinctly Johnny's. I came to a dead halt.

Johnny. Where are you?

Alley. Ow. It hurts Shadows.

What hurts, Johnny? Which alley?The alley. My wings . . .


I sighed and grabbed hold of both Zacky and Synyster. There was no time to explain. I blinked us to the end of the alley that we always used when coming to the surface. The screams that had been in my head were now out loud and I had to struggle to not rip the earth apart as I ran down the alleyway toward them. The sight that greeted me would have made any mortal man sick. Some guy was standing behind Johnny and I could see bits of his wings hitting the ground. Johnny's back was arched but he was tied down to an old, broken chair. Apparently, from the things the man was grunting he wanted drugs, and thought Johnny knew where to get them. With one motion, I flung the guy to the back of the alley. I didn't have to worry about anything else. Zacky jumped him and, seeing his partner was having fun, Synyster followed. I untied Johnny gently and lifted him into my arms. His wings were tattered, his back bloody, and his body limp. I kissed him, "Johnny, wake up."

"I'm . . .wake." He mumbled, looping one arm around me.

"I'm getting you out of here." I clutched him a little tighter, "I'm taking you to Jimmy's."

"No. Home." He snuggled his face into the crook of my neck.

"Does that mean you want to go back down there with me?" I frowned down at him.

He simply sniffled and nodded into my skin. I tightened my hold and blinked us to hell, straight into my our chambers. I laid him on our bed, on his stomach and stared sadly at his back. I couldn't fix his wings but I could stop the bleeding. I slid my fingers around the wounds, wincing at the acidic burning on my fingertips and watched the wounds heal. He sniffled and whimpered but relaxed under my touch. I leaned forward and kissed his neck, "Better?"

"Y-yeah."

I stroked a hand through his now-limp mohawk, "Sleep."

"I don't want to." He shook his head and tried to sit up, looping his arms around my neck, "I need to explain."

"Just sleep for now. You can explain later." I pushed him away gently on to have him clutch the back of my neck and drag me toward him. Our lips crashed and tongues met. He moaned into my mouth and something in me snapped. My hands raced to his pants to rip them off and then my own before I tipped him back on the back. My mouth formed a hot, wet, searing trail down his chest and past his navel before returning to his mouth. He mumbled against my lips that that was a tease before sliding a leg between mine, pushing us together.

I raised up enough to look down at him, "Are you sure?"

"Fuck, Shadows, just do it." He arched into me, both of us bare and the friction more than I could stand.

I let out a noise somewhere between a growl and a snarl and got to my knees. I lifted his hips so that I could enter him and did so in one dry thrust. To my surprise, Johnny's howl of pain never came, only a loud moan. I moved into him again, locking eyes with him, not surprised this time when his lips parted to release my name loudly. Steam seemed to roll off of our bodies in waves while my fingers clutched at his skin, pulling him into me as hard as thrust into him. He held onto my hair, my neck, shoulders and used his lips to trail across my skin, tracing my tattoos with his tongue. I peered down at him when I pushed in him into the hilt to see unbridled lust and an emotion I'd never seen in anyone's eyes before. I lowered my face and sank my fangs into his neck, chuckling lightly when that blew it for him. He coated my lower stomach with a very satisfied moan.

I pulled back and wrapped my hand around myself. He stopped me, "In me. Please."

I frowned, "It won't be comfortable afterwards, Johnny."

"I don't care. I've wanted you for so long, you're not getting off that easy. Well, you know . . ." At this his face blushed scarlet. Even after having me in him, he was still so innocent.

I gripped his hips and pushed myself back into him slowly. After a few long strokes, I knew that pace was the one we both enjoyed most and it didn't take long for me come to the end that I'd been attempting. As soon as I did, I flipped over onto my back and let Johnny climb on top of me. He laid his head on my chest. I stroked down his back and gasped. He looked at me in confusion, "What?"

How do you tell an angel he's lost his wings?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for commenting/messaging!