Blood Reigns

There's Nothing There But A Body

"I figured this would happen just as soon as you consummated your relationship. We all did, even you, Johnny. But I thought it'd be painful or embarrassing for you, not just them disappearing like that." Father ran his hand down Johnny's back. As soon as we'd gotten cleaned up and I'd told Johnny what I was gasping over, he'd asked if we could find Father. Much to my astonishment, Father was neither angry at Johnny for leaving or surprised that he'd wanted to come back. I was glad that he was showing some sort of understanding where as he normally wouldn't have.

"God is known to be merciful." Johnny said quietly.

Everyone stopped to stare at him, including me. Father just chuckled, "Go on. You're a demon's lover now, Johnny, you should watch your mouth."

He laughed a bit and reached for me. I bent low enough that he could climb on my back and carried him through the corridor to the antechamber. He hoped down long enough for me to sit down before he climbed onto my lap. I turned him to face me and we shared a long kiss. His ass wiggled on my lap and I hissed out, raising my hips against his.

Now who's giving us way too much to see?

I groaned against his mouth and pulled back, "Shut up, Maria."

She giggled from her perch on the arm of Father's throne, "Horny much?"

Johnny actually laughed, "Nope, they're in hiding."

I stifled a laugh at his totally innocent answer and shifted under him, "Just go away, Maria."

"Nah, Daddy will be in here in a moment. So, Johnny, how does it feel?" She came over to perch on the arm of my seat now, smushing close to the both of us.

"How does what feel?" Johnny frowned, leaning more into me. I kissed the top of his head.

"Knowing that not only do you have my brother wrapped around your little fingers, but also that you've had that monstrous cock of his buried in you-"

I cut her off by blinking her out of the room, feeling my fury at her build. Johnny's small hands on my face calmed me, "Shh. It's okay. I know how she is."

I frowned down at him, "She's being a total . . . Has the word even been invented yet?"

He laughed, "Probably, but it wouldn't be right to call your sister that."

"Like that matters to me." I sent him a look.

He bent forward and kissed my chin, "Chill."

Funny isn't he? I snarled at him and rolled my eyes causing him to laugh. Only an angel would laugh at that look from a demon. The eternity promised to be a riot.

"Do you love me?" Johnny asked, looking up at me from the floor of our sitting room.

I smiled a bit, "Of course I do."

"Then will you go to the surface with me to do something?"

"What's that?" I sat up a bit, laying my book to the side. Yeah I'm boring, I know this, but there's actually not a lot to do down here other than watch people entering or being tortured.

"Visit my grave." He bit his lip.

I tugged it away from his teeth, "Sure. But why?"

"I just want to see it I guess." He shrugged.

"Have you ever been there?" Honestly, graves bored me. There was nothing but an empty body there, but I supposed Johnny needed to see it on some base level.

"Yeah, once, but it was before I died actually. My mom had the plot ever since I was so ill when I was a kid. Kind of morbid and hopeless of her, but smart at the same time." He gave a small shrug again. I reached over to rub his tense shoulders and he leaned into me.

"Well, if you want to go, let's get moving. I have to fill in for Father tonight. Mother needs to speak to him." At those words, he smiled a little over his shoulder at me and we both stood.

He stepped close to me and then frowned, "How're you gonna blink us there?"

"I'm not. You're going to." I smiled back. I seem to be doing more of that here lately and less
smirking.

He frowned, "I don't think I can."

"I think you can. There's a lot of power in you, it's just . . . a different sort of power than mine is all." I pulled him closer and he sighed before closing his eyes. He was wrong, he could blink us but it wasn't the head-rush fast blinking that the rest of us did. No, this was like moving through the air at super slow speed, almost like our bodies became liquefied. Even still we got there faster than any other method of traveling and the sight that Johnny saw brought tears to his eyes.

His grave was covered in teddy bears, figurines, flowers, ribbons, and pictures. He'd been loved, greatly loved, as a mortal. He touched the items, stopping to look at pictures. One he picked up, smiling wildly. I leaned down to his level and looked at it too. He had his arm slung over a woman that had his wide, deep-set solemn eyes despite the happy smiles on their faces. "Your mom?"

"Yeah. I wish you could meet her. Somehow I think she'd not care that you're a demon. You make me happy. She'd be happy." He smiled.

"You know, being a demon's not like being an angel. You can visit her. She can know you exist. Father's not as uptight as God. Obviously." I smirked.

He laughed, "Obviously. Alright. Can we do that, tomorrow?"

"We can do that now, if you want." I motioned for him to lead the way.

He frowned, "I don't think that'd be a good idea. You need to get back-"

"This is more important. It's not like the souls are going to escape, Johnny." I let out a dry laugh. I'd like to see them try.

He shook his head, "I don't even know if Mom still lives around here-"

"We'll see then, won't we? Let's go." I tugged on his hand now, drawing him up. He stood and nodded, but not before tucking the picture into his pocket. I couldn't say I blamed him.
We decided we would walk to where he use to live since it wasn't far from the small cemetery next to where he use to attend church. We figured later that that was a more than excellent idea.

Along the way we encountered this handicapped man. He was strolling himself along in a chair, not quite a wheelchair, more like a cart low enough he could use his hands to push himself along with since he had no hands and only one eye from the look of it. Johnny thought he was maybe a war veteran. The man paused and looked directly at us, "Neutral air flows here. Neither two good souls nor two bad and one's light over powers the other. An angel walks the earth today."

Johnny's face lit up practically. He loved knowing he was an angel. Did he not realize he'd lost that status the moment we had sex? I didn't want to be the one to crush him with that news. He patted the man on the back and then slipped his hand into mine. I smiled at him and we continued walking. We finally got to the little, shabby house that had been Johnny's home all of his life. His hand trembled as he knocked on the door.

The kind, sweet face that opened the door was definitely Johnny's mother. She blinked at me and crossed herself. I resisted the urge to hiss and tried my best to smile, even as she tried to close the door. Johnny stopped it with his hand, yet she didn't even glance in his direction. She glared at me, "Go away. I don't know who or what you are, but go away."

"Mom!" Johnny called.

She jerked and looked around her with a gasp. I gave Johnny a small shove in front of me.

He waved his hand, "Mom, it's me, Johnny."

She gasped again and looked straight into my eyes, "You are not my son and that's not funny."

That's when I comprehended. Mrs. Seward couldn't see Johnny.