It Wasn't

Chapter 2

"Wow," she breathed. The room was... It was beautiful. A golden beige covered the walls. Yellow light came out of the five or six table lamps that were thoughtfully scattered around the room, while dull white light came out of the track lights in the ceiling. A Franz Ferdinand song was playing out of the DJ's corner. "Who knew that three punks would enjoy this type of thing?" Alice wondered. "But then again, they are people. And they have families so, I guess it wouldn't be that weird for them." She took a deep breath and told herself to remember that she met Green Day before, and that they are probably just the same as they were the other 18 times she's met them. Taking another deep breath, she walked around a little and got herself some Pepsi.

"Hi!" said a voice behind her. Alice turned around, startled. It was a sweet looking woman in her early thirties. She had brown hair and brown eyes and wasn't much taller than Alice. "I'm Adrienne," said the woman. "Pleased to meet you," replied Alice. "Your dress looks really nice."
"Thanks. Are you a fan? Or one of their friends?"
"I'm a fan, but I've met all the guys before. Eighteen times, to be exact."
"Wow," said the woman, looking as though she was caught off guard. "That's impressive. Well, I'm actually assigned to warning duty for the female fans."
"Warning duty?" Alice raised an eyebrow. "What are you warning us against?"
"It's really more of a who. Billie tries really hard not to drink too much, Mike only gets a little drunk, but you guys have to watch out for Tre. He gets a little, well, carried away."
"Seriously?" Alice had to stifle a giggle. "What does he do?"
"Actually, last time we had a party, he kept hitting on all the girls, and ended up making out with a sixteen year old. I think her name was Janice. Anyway, his girlfriend walked in on it."
"Ouch. Did they fight?"
"She wouldn't speak to him for a month. I know it's a bit mean, but Billie, Mike, and I all thought it was hilarious."
"Are you their friend?" Alice asked.
"Yeah, I guess you could say that." Adrienne showed Alice her ring finger. "Anyway, watch out. The pretty girls are always in danger."

With that, she walked off to warn some more people. Alice just realized who Adrienne was. That's why she looked so familiar. Mr. and Mrs. Armstrong were probably the cutest couple in the world. Coming out of her reverie, Alice walked around some more, discussed music with some other fans, and was about to go find Billie Joe, when she saw him. Ryan. Ryan who broke up with her for that whore from the coffee shop. She couldn't let him see her. Quickly, she backed into a corner. It wasn't good enough; she was still in view. Thinking as fast as she could, she grabbed the closest person and held them in front of her, so she was facing his back. "I'm really sorry," she said, "but you really have to stay here for like, at least 20 minutes. It might be a bit hard, but you have to do me this one favor, even if I don't know you. Please."
"Okay," he said, "But can I talk to people?"
"Sure," she replied, not bothering to listen to his voice, but instead concentrating on where Ryan was.

This stranger, this man was so close to her. His cologne seemed familiar. Alice looked at his arms for some clue as to where she might have met him, and with a jolt, she realized who it was. Oh my God, she thought to herself. This is not good. What if I go crazy? But somehow, she managed to relax. 5 minutes had passed. Ryan came by and went away twice. She kept telling herself that her torture would be over soon, but Billie's scent was invading her senses. His voice and every word he said kept pounding into her brain. How much longer? Finally, she started to slip out of control.