It Wasn't

Chapter 3

Alice kept telling herself to stop, but she couldn't. She put her face to the nape of Billie's neck and breathed in. Deep down, she knew it wasn't right, but it was like some lust-driven maniac was controlling her. She was becoming a lust-driven maniac and she couldn't stop it. She put her lips to his neck and slid her hands around his stomach, feeling the silk of his shirt. "What the--?" Billie turned around. In that moment, Alice snapped back to her senses and in horror, realized what she just tried to do. She stared at him, mouth agape, but could not find any words for what seemed like several minutes.
"I'm sorry," she stammered and ran out of the room into the hallway. Slumping against the wall, she buried her head in her hands and started to wither away from shame. How could she have done something like that? Especially after Ryan, and to someone who was like an old, unknown friend to her. To Billie Joe. She looked up to catch her breath, and realized that her hands were wet. She'd been crying.

"Mind if I join you?" said someone. Alice looked up and saw Billie Joe himself. Feeling her face go red, she got up to run. "No," he said, watching her. "Don't leave." She didn't understand why, but she listened, and sat back down.
"I'm so sorry," was all she could manage to say.
"Sorry?" he asked quizzically
"I'm so sorry," Alice repeated.
"Why should you be sorry? I'm not sorry that a pretty girl just tried to kiss me."
"What?" she said, completely thrown off be this. "You're married!" Billie blushed.
"And that means I'm not supposed to enjoy it?"

"Well even if you do, you should keep it to yourself! Besides, I'd better go. Its, uh, really late. See ya!" she said as quickly as she could. Alice got up and turned when she realized she couldn't. "Please. Let go of me. I've had enough embarrassment for one night. My ex-boyfriend is here, and I don't want him to see me."
"That's no reason to leave. The party's just started, you know." He gently pulled her down to sit with him. "Don't I know you from somewhere?"
"We met. I've been to twenty-seven Green Day concerts since the age of ten. I first met you guys when I was fifteen. Since then, I've met you eighteen times."
"Right!" he said, acting as though she hadn't just recited her Green Day concert history. "You're Alina... No... Alice! You're Alice James. So, I guess by now, you're about twenty, huh?" Alice was shocked that he remembered her, knew her name, and even remembered her age.
"Yeah," she started, but then changed course, "Why are you here?"
"What?"

"I mean, why are you outside in the hallway talking to a nut job who practically ass-raped you twenty minutes ago in front of at least 30 or 40 people?"
"Oh, that," he said, as though it was something normal. "Adie sent me out here. This is seriously the first time anyone's ever done that to me. Your hands are very skilled," he joked. "It was kinda awkward, but I think we've gotten over that."
"Speak for yourself," Alice muttered under her breath. She noticed that in the last five minutes, she and Billie Joe were sitting closer and closer. She found him looking into her eyes. "Billie?"
"Hm?"
"Do you know how c-close we're si-sitting?" she stammered
"Yeah, I noticed," he replied nonchalantly. She couldn't take it anymore. Sure, it was wrong. Yeah, he was ten years older than her. But none of that mattered when she was being presented with a once in a lifetime opportunity. Alice was about to gulp down every bit of anxiety she had this evening. She leaned closer, and took Billie's lips in a desperate kiss. Actually, she had no qualms to speak of. Its not like it was mutual.

Billie was shocked to say the least. But there was something he was feeling. It wasn't love. He would only ever love Adrienne. It was lust, a physical longing. He let his lips go with his instinct and deepened the kiss, feeling just a little bit excited and aroused. Its not like he would ever do this again. Realizing that Billie Joe had started to kiss back, Alice pulled away. She had her fun and intoxicating as it was, it was over. "Fuck." Cursing and apologizing Alice poised herself to run. Billie shook his head and got up with her. He trapped her against the wall and kissed her again, this time for much longer. She did nothing to stop him. This was a one-time thing, and honestly, who would stop a gorgeous rock star when he was making with her? Well, if anyone would, it sure as hell wasn't Alice.

Finally, they both pulled away. He smirked at her, and she smiled back. "Ready to go back inside?" he asked
"Well, that did make me feel better." And they went back to the party. As they entered the room, people stared at Alice like she was from Mars, but she shrugged it off, and soon everyone went on as though the scene had never happened. Alice talked to just about all the other fans invited and even some of Green Day's friends. She talked to Mike for a little while about guitars. Alice felt like she was high. Hell, she even went over and talked to Tre, but left when he started trying to grab her ass.

A little while later, she found Billie Joe and Adrienne and started talking to them, mostly about kids. Alice told them that even though her brothers of ages 10 and 9 were such evil little monsters, she couldn't wait to have children. The couple of eleven years couldn't agree more. About ten minutes into the conversation, Adrienne left when she saw Claudia. Alice and Billie stood in awkward silence, which was broken quickly. "So," Billie started, "Do you like the White Stripes?"
"Not really, I don't listen to them all that much. But I love that one song, Blue Orchids. It gets into my head a lot," she replied, trying to pretend everything was normal.
"Get behind me, get behind me now anyway," he sang, laughing
"Uh, I'd better not. Can't risk making another scene, can we?" Both of them laughed half-heartedly. Billie saw Adrienne coming, slipped Alice a small slip of paper and walked towards his wife, grinning. Alice looked at the paper, shocked and inquisitive. Call me, it read. This is my private number. We should get to know each other. -BJ