Status: Completed

Unkept Promises.

1/1

I’m walking down the deserted street, rain lashing all around me, soaking my long dark hair to my pale ghostly skin. I stumble a bit in my drunken state, sending me sprawling to the ground. I mutter a few curse words and stand up, my jeans now soaked and sticking tightly to my legs. I shiver involuntarily and start walking quicker, desperate to get back to the apartment I share with my boyfriend Frank. Fuck Frank is gonna be so pissed off with me once he finds out I’ve been out drinking again. I promised him I’d stop but I just couldn’t, he didn’t understand that I needed the booze and the pills as a kind of escape.

I arrive back at our apartment building and stagger up the flights of stairs before knocking on the door of our apartment, hoping Frank would still be awake.

He opens after a few knocks, pure relief etched on his cute sleepy face.

“Fuck Gee I was so worried about you!” He says as he pulls me through the door and into his arms. I sigh against his shoulder as he hugs me, kissing my hair and the side of my face before pulling away.

“Where were you baby?” He asks softly as he presses his lips to mine, not giving me a chance to answer. He pulls away after a few seconds; I look at his face, his expression changed from relief to sudden anger.

“Have you been drinking Gerard?” He asks quietly, a frown knitting his eyebrows together.

I bite my lip and nod, looking down at the threadbare carpet of our grotty apartment.

“You promised me,” He mutters.

“You fucking PROMISED ME!” He yells.

“Frankie I’m sor-…” I start to say but I’m cut of.

“Are you going to say you’re sorry Gerard? Huh, you gonna say that you love me and that you’ll never do it again?!” He shouts, his eyes brimming with tears.

“Well fuck you! I can’t believe I trusted you… I can’t believe that after everything we’ve been through, that you decide to just throw it the fuck away!” He screams, slamming his fist into the grimy wall.

“F-Frankie please… I really am sorry, I never meant to hurt you!” I plead as I see him furiously wiping his eyes.

“You say that every time” He whispers, sniffing slightly.

“I-I was willing to stand by you… to help you get through this…’thing’ that you were going through… and what do you do? Y-you throw it right back in my fucking face by doing something like this!” He says weakly as a few tears drip down his face.

“F-Frankie baby I-...“ I say but I’m cut off again.

“It’s over,” I whispers.

“I-I promised myself that the next time would be the last time and I’m sticking to that,” He continues.

I stand there and look at him, not quite believing what he was telling me.

“Y-your leaving me?” I stammer and he nods, wiping his eyes again.

“B-but I love you,” I whisper, biting my bottom lip that was starting to tremble.

He whimpers and sniffs again.

“I-I love you too Gee b-but I can’t take this anymore,” He whispers as he starts to walk to the door.

“P-please Frankie?!” I beg but he shakes his head.

“I-I’ll collect my stuff tomorrow,” He says quietly as he opens the door.

“N-no Frankie please don’t do this to me… to us,” I whisper.

“Goodbye Gee,” He whispers as he shuts the door.

I stand motionless at the door, tears slowly dripping down my face. I lean against the door and slide down it slowly, burying my face in my knees before bursting into tears.

And outside on the cold wet hard ground, with rain lashing around him, Frank does the same thing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are muchly appreciated. =]