‹ Prequel: Lost In The Fire
Sequel: Closed Away

Charlatans And Saints

Amnesia

I watched Jimmy walk past me, then waited until he was well off in the distance before walking into the hospital room. Gina looked upset and pleased in the same emotion, which was one I wasn’t familiar with. Giving her a small smile, I took a seat on the edge of her bed, rubbing her hand idly with my thumb.

“So, why do you look so happy?” I mumbled lightly, and Gina let out a small laugh as she leaned up (with some difficulty) to kiss my cheek. Smiling down at her, I pulled her close and placed a light kiss on her head.

“Dad wanted to move, but I guess as long as I stay away from Zack we can stay here. I didn’t want to leave so soon,” she mumbled lightly, pressing on my ribs and making a laugh escape my lips.

“As much as I hate to admit it, your dad’s right. I think moving would be your best option right now,” Gina’s eyes glared at me, and I gave her a sad look.

“I’m not moving.” kicking her foot against the bed for good measure, she let out a small groan.

“I think it’d be-” I stopped as a dazed look appeared on her face, and before I knew it a sharp right hand smacked me across the face. It was enough of a shock to jolt me to the floor as Gina started screaming and kicking for Jimmy to come in the room, and that some old guy was way too close to her.