‹ Prequel: Lost In The Fire
Sequel: Closed Away

Charlatans And Saints

Stay Together For The Kids

“Wait, what the hell do you mean you don’t know me?”

She looked at me dumbfounded for a minute, then her “What-the-fuck-did-I-just-say” look came over her. I was way too familiar with that look, and it made my stomach swirl with hatred. “I don’t fucking know you.”

She said it like I was the fucking scum of the Earth. Jimmy sent me a deep glare, then led her away as Christian turned towards me. “We’re moving, Zachary.”

==================JIMMY===================

Angie fussed over Gina like she was the queen of fucking England, but I had no room to complain. I was doing the exact same thing, and I catered to all of her wishes.

Hey, she was my daughter, after all.

Coming down the stairs, Angie gave me a small smile, “What the hell are you smiling about, long legs?”

Chuckling and hitting my shoulder, she ran her hands through my hair and grinned deeply, “I just rented a condo by the lake. Jason’ll take care of Gina, and me and you can have some relaxation time.”

Looking up at her, I hesitantly shook my head, “I can’t Angie. She needs me.”

“Since when did you become such a parent?”

“Since when did you start questioning my authority?”

“Since you started to become less fun!”

Fights were normal for us, what wasn’t was Gina lurking on the stairs, watching her supposed family fight like they were gunna divorce.