‹ Prequel: Lost In The Fire
Sequel: Closed Away

Charlatans And Saints

I Miss You

Dad yanked me back into Christian's house by the arm. I felt so sick. I was holding my own throat with my free hand, not wanting to vomit up my breakfast.

"Your fucking kid is gonna get it!"
He yelled running up the stairs into the room I just ran out of. I couldn't look at the kid. I mean it wasn't that bad I didn't understand why I felt so ill. It made so sense at all.

"Be my guest."
Christian walked out of the room, grabbing me and walking us back downstairs.

"Why do I feel so sick?"
I grabbed onto him for support. He looked down at me with a pained expression and led me to the kitchen.

"Cause Zack is your half brother. You both have the same mother. And your brother almost did something if I hadn't walked in."
I heaved all the contents out of my stomach. Tears leaked out my eyes and Christian rubbed my back. I could almost see him shake his head. My fucking brother?! My brother...

I couldn't take it anymore, I ripped myself from his arms and tried to make a run for it out of the house but tripped on the floor, falling face first. I sobbed on the floor, and layed there just felling entirely cheated. What was done to me wasn't right, I didn't want to be any part of it. Why would a brother do that?

Christian bent down and picked me up bridel style and carried me back next door. He brought me upstairs into my bedroom and tucked me in. As he turned to leave I grabbed onto his wrist.

"Please don't leave me."
My teary eyes, blurred my vision, but he looked just as wonderful as he always did. He was like a Dad to me. I could feel I could go to him for anything and he would help me. Give me an honest opinion, tell me like it is. I could tell he had went though some things when he was younger. He sighed crawling over me and layed in the bed next to me. I scooted over to him and he held onto me. Laying my head on his chest I thought about alot of things. Life was like a blur to me now. I couldn't think back to a few days ago. Much less what the hell happened to my memory. My Dad explained to me that I had amnesia. Whatever the hell happened to me he was pretty pissed at my "brother", now I could see it was probibly for a good reason. I began incredibly sleepy and my eyelids drooped closed.

"I love you Dad."
I mumbled snuggling into his chest some more.

"I love you too."
He whispered kissing my temple. If my family wasn't going to be there for me and just cause more fights and problems, I was going to make my own. Adding Christian at the top of my list of people I wanted to protect, I would, and even though he didn't need it, I would be there. I knew he had a hard time with loosing my Mom but I'd be there.

His humming was low and it lulled me into a deep, deep sleep. Life seemed to past for ever. I felt suddenly old. Growing old laying in bed. In Christian's arms, I was so far gone. So many years are gone, or am I just out of my mind? I couldn't tell time, nor could the time tell me. I couldn't feel my fingers, my brain felt fried and I was feeling a little out of body experience. Like I was watching myself laying there with Christian. I looked older and I didn't quite have my facial features. I kinda looked like my mom. I squinted my eyes looking harder, it did looke like her. And Christian was squeezing me half to death.

"Oh god I miss you. I miss you so much, why did you have to go?"
He wimpered in his sleep. I opened my eyes realizing my 'out of body' experiance my just my imagination, but Christian was talking in his sleep.

"Gloria, where are you Gloria?"
I frowned and hugged him tighter, and if possible he squeezed me tighter. He really loved her. I felt so guilty. I felt the blame that I was the cause that brought them farther from each other. I wonder what it would be like if they were still together...would she still be here? Would Zack be the awesome big brother he should have been? Would Christian be my dad? or would I even be alive?

I don't know, all I know is, if I wanted to bring back every last bit of my mother I had left to remember I was going to go full force with this. I was going to look, act, and play the part. If it's the last thing I do, I'm bringing her back, no matter what the costs.