‹ Prequel: Lost In The Fire
Sequel: Closed Away

Charlatans And Saints

Long Live Gloria

The doors flew open with a huge gust of wind. The door slamned so hard against the house it raddled, i'm sure all the way to the foundation. Christian came running down the stairs with a GUN in his hands. He looked his head around trying to see the person standing in the doorway. They were covered in head to toe in a flowing fabric. They stepped into the light and all I could do is gasp.

-------------GLORIA---------------------------

"What did I tell you about guns?"
I said standing with my arms on my hips. Grinning at him, his eyes bulged out of his head and I walked forward into the room.

"And about our children, your suppose to support them. What the hell have you been doing? Mopping around the house. I hear about all the way down in Mexico and put that gun away, your scaring poor Gina."
I scolded him.

"GLORIA!"
He screamed, tears running down his eyes. He held onto me for dear life. He's grown older, I could see it in his face. It's like when I left everything just up rooted into chaos.

I've been living in Mexico for the past 16 years. After Iggy shot me, I ran to the hospital, I woke up and noticed he just clipped my side. If it got any closer I really would be dead. Iggy was so stupid. Apparently I was still breathing and everyone thought I was dead. Where do you think the body would have gone? Cause apparently it's not there.

"Is it you? Is it really you?"
Christian touched every square inch of my body.

"Of course it's me!"
I laughed. He planted his lips firmly on my own. I couldn't have glowed as much in my life. I knew it was time to come home when these two reached the ages they have. Since it's about the same ages me and Christian met. Trouble had to be a brewing. And as I could see on the couch my daughter was taking my leave of absence.

"I appreciate you trying to fill my shoes but, I don't think anyone could do that."
I chuckled walking over to her. She was a bit skiddish and scooted away.

"I'm your mother, get over here."
I smiled pulling her into a hug.

"I-I'm so sorry! I was just trying to help."
I rubbed her back as she became hysterical.

"It's alright, atleast you tried to help. But I'll take it from here."
I grinned letting her sniffle on the couch. I stood up and walked to Christian.

"Where's my little boy?"
Christian frowned and looked away rubbing his neck. I folded my arms over my chest.

"It's okay Christian. I think i've recovered enough to learn the truth, I figured as much would happen. Take me to him."