‹ Prequel: Lost In The Fire
Sequel: Closed Away

Charlatans And Saints

Jingletown Or *** City?

“I’m sorry, a guy like me?” the girl looked just as dumbfounded as me, and I could only guess that she hadn’t intended for me to actually speak back or her to say the question. A blush found its way to her cheeks, and she bit down on the inside of her cheek. Just as she was about to answer, she glanced out the doorway where a pissed off Iggy was storming towards the store, talking away on his phone.

“Look, let me hide somewhere he won’t find me, please. I’m begging you!” glancing at his rapidly approaching form, I nodded to behind the counter. No security tapes were set up, and I knew she’d be safe under there. My peacemaker was cocked and placed into my back pocket, ready for whatever trouble was about to barrel through that door.

Sure enough, Iggy entered, glaring at me the whole time. Giving him a small smile, I offered a hello and listened to his pissed off ranting on his cell phone. Ringing him up and telling him to have a nice day, I waited until his car was clear off in the distance of Jingletown before letting the girl up. She gave me an appreciative smile, getting up and dusting off her skirt. “Thanks a ton.”

“So ‘a guy like me’?” I questioned, hoping to make her remember our conversation before the whole hiding incident. She gave me a small sheepish smile, shrugging a bit.

“You just seem like something out of a punk magazine, you don’t usually see too many people like that around Jingletown,” she mumbled lightly as the door opened up again. A girl with blue hair stepped in, saluting me and giving me a grin.

“Zacky boo!” placing a sloppy kiss on my cheek and staring at the girl in front of me in disdain, she took a seat on the counter, her own jean skirt riding up a bit.

“Jinx, hey. So anyways, ready to get out of here stranger? We’re heading back to Murder City, so you’ll be safe.”

------------------------------------CHRISTIAN---------------------------------------

"Fucks wrong with you, Chris?" Jason mumbled, watching me as I laid upside down on the couch, my guitar nearly hitting me in the face.

"I've been hearing these fucking voices lately that sound like Gloria." was all I mumbled, sending Jason into a fit of laughter.

"Lay of the weed man," he mumbled, clapping me on the shoulder and walking out of the room. Biting my lip, I contemplated the idea of that.

At least if I was high, I could see Glory and have her scream at me all out of love.