‹ Prequel: Lost In The Fire
Sequel: Closed Away

Charlatans And Saints

Another New Start

"Seattle? What's in Seattle?"

"An escape, we have to get out of here before they notice we're gone, now come on!"
Whatsername led us all over to the ticket booth, purchasing 4 tickets. Giving each of us our own we walked over twords the train. I held another new opertunity in my hands. Lets hope I didn't mess this one up too. I've been to many places. Mexico, Jingle Town, Murder City, Oakland, Rodeo but no place was home like Murder City. I knew deep inside we wouldn't be seeing the last of Murder City, not by a long shot. Feeling the air whip around my hair, we stepped onto the train one by one. I got on last, taking a long look at our home, sighing I got onto the train. They closed the doors and I looked out through the window as the scenery passed by. A hand clasped on my sholder, I turned around.

"Come on Mom, we found some seats."
Zack smiled weakly at me. I smiled back, which took effort. He took my hand and we began walking up the stairs to the second level of the train. I could see Whatsername leaning on the window of her seat and Christian sitting down reading the news paper. I took a seat next to Christian and Zack sat next to me. Christian looked up from his paper and rubbed his thumb on my cheek. He kissed the spot and leaned my head down on his sholder. Letting his hand drape and touch my sholder he rubbed in a circle. The ryhthym made me tired and sleepy.

"Where the fuck do you think your going?!"

I ran and heard the voice that made me scream in the middle of the night. I fell after looking back and landed in the gutter. He stomped over and bend down looking me in the face as he grabbed a chunk of my hair.

"No one fucking escapes here. You get me?"
I shut my eyes tight as he shook my head about. I heard him whistle and footsteps approached. I felt hands grab me in a tight painful hold.

"I'll fucking teach you to ever leave again."
I felt a blow to my eye and I screamed out in pain. I held my eye and tears leeked out. The blows to my stomach hurt but didn't hurt as bad as my eye. I cried laying on the ground as Iggy pulled me up and spat in my face.

"You'll never leave, I'll always find you."


I sucked in my breath and my eyes opened widely. I glanced around noticing the train still moving. It's okay Gloria, calm yourself down. I took a deep breath, releasing it. I looked over seeing Zack looking down at a harmonica in his hands.Flipping it at different angles. Whatsername was laying down on her whole bench and sleeping. Christian was doodling something on a peice of paper. I yawned and caught both boy's attention.

"Morning sleeping beauty."
Christian smiled down at me. I smiled shaking my head at him. Not forgetting the lingering dream haunting my memory. He kissed my temple and continued on his drawing.

"Hey mom, what's up?"
Zack said, all smiles, grinning down at me.

"What's up? Is that some sort of new phrase you kids use today?"
I raised up in my seat, lightly laughing at him. He rolled his eyes laughing along.

"What's that you got in your hands?"
I pointed at his hermonica.

"I know you know what it is. Well I found it in my seat when I sat down."

"Well maybe that'll keep you preocupied instead of playing with fire."
I looked forward zoning out. Bad enough Christian was forever addicted to fire, I didn't want that trait passed down to my son. Hopefully the seattle rain would keep the fire douched out. Christian looked over at me with a pained look. I bit my lip and looked back. Mumbling a sorry I leaned my head back down. Repeating his actions from a few hours ago making me tired once again. My eyes were almost shut. When the train pulled to a hault and the over head speaker crackled.

"Seatle, Washington. Seattle, Washington."
Clicking off, we all rised from our seats. Whatsername leading the way. We stepped off the train and looked around. Seattle was a gloomy place. And like everything that you heard about it, it was true. It was raining and the sky looked grey. Not a very bright and cheery place to start over again. Especially for me. I took Christian's hand in one and Zack's in the other.

"Lets go find a home."