‹ Prequel: Lost In The Fire
Sequel: Closed Away

Charlatans And Saints

Rundown Saint In Denial

Groaning and hearing the couch respond as I rolled over onto my side, I let out a frustrated grunt. The damn spring was jolted into my side, making me bite my lip from screaming out. The nagging pain in my side had traveled up my back, causing for this numbing aching feeling to occur. Growling to myself and standing up, I nearly toppled over the small coffee table at the force against my back. Turning my body at a weird angle to look over my shoulder, I found the couch cushion attached to my pants pocket by the spring. Glaring and tearing it off, I heard my pants rip with it.

Groaning and looking around at all of the rooms, I headed into the bathroom. Reaching up and pulling the shower curtain over the bathtub, I settled down inside it and closed my eyes. Oddly enough, the stinging feeling in my back disappeared, and I was left to drift off into a somewhat peaceful slumber.

Or at least it was more peaceful than the couch. Either way.

==================CHRISTIAN====================

“This is a shit hole,” I mumbled out lowly, brushing the dust off of the bed. It blew up in thick clouds, causing me to cough and practically scream with a cough. The wallpaper was chipping and peeling, and it left little yellow pieces on the bedspread. The room itself smelled like it hadn’t been used in years, and it left an unsettling feeling in my stomach. The bed towered high above us, almost in a canopy style that hadn’t been used since the 1800s.

Glory must’ve liked this, she loved anything that was retro.

Trailing her fingers along the dusty window sill, she glanced out at the raggedy city. In was another piece of shit, but what in the hell were we going to do? We needed to lay low until this whole stupid feud was over. I wasn’t even sure if I cared anymore. It wasn’t Glory’s fault that Jimmy had snapped, yet that little bitch Gina was treating it like that. Part of me had hope that Jason would snap her out of this, that he was only playing along.

“How could I have let her get this bad?” Glory mumbled softly from the window, and I looked up at her, my shirt now covering my mouth and nose as I shook the bedspread out.

“The hell you talkin’ bout Glor?” setting it down and walking over to her. She glanced at me, looking down sadly.

“I let her become the splitting image of her father, and now she hates me. This whole this is just an entire line of bullshit,” she mumbled her voice cracking as I pulled her close to me.

“Jason’ll come through for us, just you watch.” with that I pressed a kiss to her head and rocked her back and forth slowly, letting her tears seep into my shirt.

===========JASON=============

I pulled Gina back roughly, giving her a glare as she slapped me straight across the face, “Jason, let me the fuck go!”

Pushing her into the wall and pinning her with all of my body weight, I glared at her. “No, this is so fucking stupid. You’re trying to hurt your parents. Is that what you want? You want to be parentless? You want to grow up like Christian and I did, on the cold hard street trying to fend for yourself? You’re a fucking pair of legs, Gina. You’re seventeen, and this is the biggest mistake you’re going to make. Is this what you really want, Gina? You want to be the village whore? Because if you do, stay fucking here. But I’m done with it. I’m not sitting around and waiting for whatever the hell I was.”

Gloria’s eyes brimmed over with tears, but this time I wasn’t wiping them away. She needed to hear everything how it fucking was, “The world isn’t going to let you take over it, Gina. The worlds going to take over you. This fucking nonsense that you call fun is pathetic. Do you like being Iggy’s whore? Do you like feeling so spun out and fucked up that you started a war that should have never been in place? Jimmy snapped on his own damn rights, and its no doubt because of the use of drugs! Is that the path you want to lead?! If it is Gina, I’ll walk right out of this mother fucking place and leave you to be fed to the dogs. And don’t think I won’t do it. I’m done with this baby prissy shit.”

Pushing back from Gina and crossing my arms, I stared at her expectantly. It was about fucking time she had to make that choice.