‹ Prequel: Lost In The Fire
Sequel: Closed Away

Charlatans And Saints

She's No Saint At All

Walking down the rough streets of Washington, I grumbled to myself. How in the fuck could Gloria choose that stupid boy over me?! Yes, I considered him a boy. After all, the only damn thing Christian was good for was for running. He would never amount to man status. Sure, he had raised Zack but even he barley got by doing that. Jason for the most part did everything, teaching him the necessary skills. Christian just sat on his damn couch, moping and sipping on his precious alcohol.

I know Gloria didn’t know about his little escapades. Christian never would tell her the full story, and she wouldn’t hear it from me. Christian had taken so many girls home and dropped Zack off to me so many times that in every right mind Zack felt like my son. Angie always loved him, and if he hadn’t been a product of Christian I would’ve as well. Gloria was so wrapped up in the illusion created by Christian though that it made my stomach sick.

I used to think that Gloria was this beautiful little saint, who really wasn’t one at all. However, I was proved wrong as soon as she left Murder City. She was drag to have around, and even when she found out about being pregnant she didn’t care. Gloria claimed that our love was a mistake, and that she only wanted Christian. So instead of being a responsible damn parent, she ran away on the streets with Gina. She left for Mexico until she knew Gina would be coming of age.

Some saint.

Shaking my head and pulling my hood a bit closer to me, I let out a loud sigh. Gloria had been clouding up my mind a lot lately, and I was sure that she would at least try to save me once I pulled out the gun. However, Gloria just proved how much she didn’t give a fuck about anyone but Christian. She didn’t even CARE about Zack or Gina. Gloria couldn’t even keep a damn friend because she was so fucking concerned that all she needed was Christian.

Christian the Pyro and Gloria the Saint. That had no ring to it at all.

Just as I was about to stretch, a body was sent hurling down into mine, causing both of us to fall. “What the fuck?!” those fucking black spikes looked at me as Christian kept his head down, a loud groan escaping his lips. Finally lifting his head, he gave me a look of confusion.

“What the fuck, you’re not Gloria!”

“Well no SHIT captain OBVIOUS!” Christian cringed at how loud my voice was, but I didn’t give a flying fuck. He just rudely burst from the sky and totally threw me to the ground. He scrambled to his feet, glaring at me as his knees wobbled.

“Why the hell are you here?!” Christian roared at me, throwing his fists up in the air. However, the sudden movement sent him off balance and tumbling to the ground as I chuckled. Placing my foot on his back and lighting up a cig I had high jacked off of Jason, I glanced down the street. In the dim street lights I could make out Gloria’s figure.

“Here comes your stupid fucking Saint now. You know there’s something you should know about your little Saint; she’s not one at all. As soon as she left you Christian, she was at me like a jack rabbit. And she didn’t stop at me, believe me. She went on to Tunny and everything. Think I’m lying? You should look at her STD record.” I grinned with satisfaction as Christian’s eyes burned with hate as he stared at Gloria.

DAMN I love starting shit!