Lanie

Chapter 10

I close my eyes to have a warm fuzzy feeling surround me.

“You can open your eyes now.” said a familiar voice. Though it seems softer now.

I opened my eyes to see that same announcer lady that brought us up. I looked closer at her to get a better look. She has green cat like eyes, with round lips. She has short reddish brown teased hair. I like her hair. Its pretty similar to Alice Cullen’s in Twilight. Maybe I should style my hair like that if I have time. Her cheeks were a nice shade of pink and with scattered freckles around it. Taller than me by a few inches. She looked pretty petite.

“Kay Jackie you can take off your uniform for now.” said that same man who was uh announcing, referring, the two kids I first saw.

She smiled and saluted at him. “No probs capt.”

He rolled his eyes at her. It looked kind of weird to see a 30 something year old man roll his eyes. “C’mon Jackie. I’m not a Marine anymore. And I don’t even teach JROTC ny‘ more.” So that’s why he looked familiar! He used to teach JROTC at my school! I remember. He used to train a different group from mine. My brother was only a freshman when he left. I heard-from my brother- that a lot of the students were crying and saying that he was such an awesome teacher.

“M-m- Commander Derant?” I stuttered nervously.

He turned to me and looked at me curiously furrowing his eyebrows. “Yes?”

“Did you used to teach at my school?”

“Hmm. As a matter of fact I did. Do you happen to go to the school?”

“Yes. I’m in JROTC”

He smiled at me. “Well then. I hope you keep training. If my memory serves me right..” He said putting his chin in between his thumb and forefinger. “ isn’t there supposed to be practice for you guys today?”

“Yes. Sir.”

He frowned. “Oh my. I cant believe this. Taking kids out of their learning experience from their after school activities. On never mind then you’ll have a much smarter,better learning experience in here anyway.”

I looked behind him to see a middle aged young man tap his shoulder. Commander or Mr Derant turned behind him. “ Aaron and Parkson?” he said as if he already knew what he was needed for.

The man nodded.

“Darn kids. They always fight. I swear I’m going to hire a nanny for those idiots..” I heard him mumble as he walked away.

“See Ya Bill!” Jackie waved and turned to me. “You did a great job at battling for your first time.”

I blushed and timidly smiled. “Thanks”

“Well looks like your coming with me. Since you’re my winner.” I nodded and walked beside her as we walked out the building. To find there are about a 3 diffrent colored, 3 story buildings. “This building.” she said pointing to the violet colored building.”is where they check you up for medical attention and to see your statistics in your fighting.”

“How do they do that?” I asked her

“Do what?”

“You know check out your statistics and stuff don’t they check out your blood pressure and all those other things. “

“The suit you were wearing while you were fighting records your pressure and other stuff.”

“Oh..”

“This building.” she pointed to the green buildings in the middle of the place. I just noticed there’s a huge clear dome surrounding the perimeter of this place. “ Is where you will eat.”

“Like a cafeteria right?”

“Exactly.” she smiled “And this is where” She pointed to a maroon building. “Of course I guess you remember going in this building. Its not only for fighting but for training with me and your other new friends.”

“What’s the clear dome for?” I asked her

“Hmm very notable of you. That is to keep anyone from trespassing here so they wont see any of the kids training.”

“Ohh. How many other people will be with me today?”

“Well probably 8 or 9. One of the students will be Freddie Yuta, Aaron and Parkson. A few other people. They are all the kids who had won today.” I tensed. “Don’t worry these other kids are like you. New and and had gotten there first medal.” she said sensing my tense feelings. “Lets go in shall we?”

I hadn’t notice we were already there by then. So I got kind of nervous. Will I fit in? Will I be disliked by everyone? I don’t know. My stomach had butterflies by the time she opened the double doors.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry if it took me a while.
Please comment and subscribe
want to know want comes up next?
Comment