Lanie

Chapter 24

“Oomph.” I said after bumping into someone.

“I’m so sorry… Marline?”

“Huh?” I said confused. I looked up and noticed that it was Freddie. “What are you doing here?”

“What are you doing here?” he asked with the same tone of curiosity I had.

“I asked you first.” I said impatiently.

“I’m looking for someone.” he said quickly and looked some where in the thick crowd of people. “Well, I have to go. Later Marline.” he disappeared into the crowd with ought even looking back.

Who could he be looking for? Freddie strikes me as somewhat mysterious. Maybe he has a girlfriend. What ever it is I don’t have time for this. I have to find out about M.A.P

I followed them all the way to the parking lot and I panicked as they both got into a silver Mercedes. Stupid! I don’t even have a car. How could I follow them?!

I ran into the middle of the driveway only to be nearly hit by a silver Jaguar.

“Hey watch out!” yelled the driver urgently.

“Why do-” I looked closely at the lightly tinted window shield of the car. “The hell Freddie!”

“Marline?” he looked at me bewildered. “What are you doing? Move!”

“No I won’t. And please call me Lanie.” I stepped next to the window and tried opening the door. “Let me in.”

“Why? I don’t have time for this Marline move. I don’t want to run you over.”

“You’re following them too?” I asked

“Yea. How‘d you know?”

“No time” I said “Let me in.”

He sighed in exasperation. “Fine but hurry up they’re out of the parking lot already.”

I opened the door and slid in. Before I could even put on my seat belt, Freddie hit the gas pedal so hard that my whole body was pushed back against the leather seat.

“So why are you following them?” I asked.

“Why are you following them?”

I rolled my eyes. “I asked you first.”

“I asked you second what’s your point.”

“Ugh” I groaned. “Freddie just please answer my question.”

“I wanted to ask Jackie more information about.. Well you won’t understand.”

“It’s about M.A.P isn’t it?” I looked at him as he stared hard at the road.

“Yea… What do you know about them?”

“Not much just that they stand for Made Assassins Program and they do terrible things. Though I don’t exactly know what terrible things they do.”

We came to a stoplight with Jackie and Jack only one car ahead of us. He turned his head to me with a grave expression. “Do you really want to know Marline?”

I flinched at his sudden serious face. “Are they really that horrible?” I asked,

“Yes. I learned that first hand.” he said sadly.

“What do they do?” The light turned back to green and he drove on.

“I’ll have Jackie or Jack explain it to you. I don’t think I want to talk about it right now…” I watched as one hand slowly moved down to his stomach and then turned into a clenched fist.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys it's been quite a long time, but I've been busy lately.. haha
Well comment and Subscribe.
Frik if only I could find a place to squeeze in some romance here >.>