A Werewolf story

fight-2

Mari's POV

I had to learn to fight.

I was okay with that, I had always had a longing to be able to brawl, but Shapefune didn't seem very happy about that.

I was an advantage, and I was proud of that.

The only girl in the house, and I was an advantage.

My firstlessonwas with Edward.

"Mari, one of your advantages is that you have a very strong sense of smell, so I'm teaching you to track stuff"

This lesson involved taking something that belonged to someone in the house and being able to tell which one belonged to which person, it was pretty easy.

Thomas had a horrible scent, Shapefune had mixed scent thats base smelled a lot like Edward, and Edward smelled of honey.

Then, he hid in the house and I had to follow his scent to find him.

This was too easy.

Then, was that weight liftingthingy, and that was a bit hard.

I had to lift all this stuff, at first it was easy, but since this was Thomas, he made me go to Vampire level.

It did help me though.

Then, was speed andbalance, and Shapefune was reluctantly helping me with that.

"Remember its not how fast your going, its how well yourbalancing" He always said, it was a bit annoying.

He would time how fast it would take me to get from one side of the room to the other, and my time was always 1 second.

I think he was worried that I would trip or something, so he kept saying that.

One day in the weight lifting thingy, I guess Thomas wasn't having a good day or something because he suddenlysaid "To test your strength I want you to fight me" then a suddenly attacked me, but Ifoughtback, but it was useless, he pinned me to the ground, and then held me there with one foot, but there was something that I could do better than him.

In one second, I had grabed his ankle and twisted it so he fell on the floor.

Ha ha, suck.

Then Thomas said that I don't have to be taught anymore because I was ready in that field, but I think he was just sore about me being faster.

Edward also said I was ready, and so did Shapefune.

Then, itbeganto snow, and it was December 20th.

We were rushing to get decorations up, but I didn't really know what to do.

Shapefune and I made cookies again cause trust me, in this world, there is a santa, as well as a tooth fairie and easter bunny.

And so on Christmas eve, I madepresentsfor the others.

I went to the basement to find stuff that I could use, and there was HEAPS of junk down there, and it was perfect.

The only person who I didn't make a present for was Shapefune, and that was because I fell asleep.

On Christmas morning, everyone went down stairs, andindeed there were presents under the tree {actuallya pot plant} and I still had no present for Shapefune, and he was the one I really needed to give the present to, I don't know who really saved me, but I have a feeling that he had something to do with it.

That night, he had gone out the front door and was just standing outside.

I went outside too.

"Sorry that I didn't get you a present Shapefune, I'm not used to this whole Christmas thing and I made the presents for Edward and Thomas last night, and I fell asleep before I made yours and...."

"Mari, you don't have toapologize, your present to me was just being safe and not kidnapped or anything"

Then, I did one of thestupidestthings I have ever done on a Christmas, or at least I had thought that at the time.

I kissed Shapefune, not on the cheek, or theforehead, but on his lips!

"Thats my present to you" I said and ran back in side, and up to my room.

I just smiled to my self, I was happy, and I had no idea why I was happy, I had just kissed Shapefune for crying out loud!

But then it hit me, that was why I was happy, I'd kissed Shapefune, and I liked it.

Shapefune's POV

I went outside, I liked being outside when it was snowing, it looked so peaceful, and it just makes me forget all my troubles.

Then, Mari also came out and joined me.

"Sorry that I didn't get you a present Shapefune, I'm not used to this whole Christmas thing and I made the presents for Edward and Thomas last night, and I fell asleep before I made yours and...."

"Mari, you don't have toapologize, your present to me was just being safe and not kidnapped or anything" And it was true, it was my own little personal gift, but Mari still looked guilty.

Then, Mari did something that I wasn't expecting, she kissed me.

"Thats my present to you" she said and ran back in side, and up to her room, leaving me just standing there, thinking about what just happened.

This scene kept replaying over and over again in my head, and I just smiled, she really did like me, and that kiss proved it.

I went back inside, and Edward just looked at me and said "Snow help clear your mind?" and I just replied,

"Yes, yes it did"

I was stillreplayingthe kiss in my mind when I went to bed, and it still made me smile.