A Werewolf story

Week of light

ari's POV

I woke up to the same scenery that I fell asleep to, but this time, it was bright, like, real bright.

"Ahh, light!"

"The week of light" I looked over to see Shapefune, he was looking at the sky but his eyes were squinting, trying to see properly without hurting his eyes.

My eyesadjustedquickly, but it was still bright, all the moon flowers were withering away, but the ones in the shade were fine.

"I never did like the week of light" said Shapefune, still squinting.

"Shapefune, why don't you shapeshift your eyes so they can handle the light?"

"Can't shapeshift my eyes anymore"

"Why?"

"Because my eyes are there true colour now, and plus I remember stuff now that I couldn't before, the curse is lifting, thats why"

"Oh"

'The curse was lifting, maybe he can tell me more about my family!' I thought, a bithopeful.

"You want to know more about your family don't you, don't worry, its only natural to want to know of yourorigins, just I can't remember further back than Molly, sorry"

"Well, can you tell me more about the people 'after' Molly?"

"Well, each one of them were Werewolves, and they were just asstubbornas you, and they all had black hair, but the person you look like the most is your own mother"

"Ma ma?"

"Yes, she had the same curled up eyebrows, long black hair, same nose, but she changed at the age of 3, while you changed at 13,"

"Does that mean that I'm strange?"

"No, you just changed later than a Werewolf usually does, thats all"

It was strange, I was talking about my mother with a guy who was about 500 years old, but looked my age, it was a bit scary, but I had gotten used toscariness these past months, so I kept asking questions.

"So what did Papa look like?"

"Well, he had grey eyes with grey hair, he wasn't old, he just had spent a lot of time hunting for Werewolves..."

"PAPA HUNTED WEREWOLVES?!?!?!?!"

"Sarastoppedhim, she showed him that Werewolves didn't kill humans for the fun of it or even for food, it was usually by accident"

I wasstunnedby this information, papa, killed, Werewolves.

I COULD BE NEXT!!

But wait, he doesn't anymore, so I'm not next.....

Confusing, but yeah.

"Mari, I just remembered something else"

"What? That my grandma also kills Werewolves?"

"On Olaf's side, yes she does, but I mean something else"

"What?"

"Sara, the dog, Sara, your mother, Sara, Sara, Sara's an unusual name for a dog, isn't it?"

"You think that Sara the dog is Sara my Mama, I already thought that, infact, I already know shes a Werewolf, so thats not new"

"I mean I KNOW she's your mother, Sara the dog and Sara your mother are the same person, I think I can get her to phase aswell"

So we went back down, and found that Maritha was hanging decorations up, saying stuff like 'Happy week of light!'.

"Happy week of light Mari, Shapefune!" Maritha said, looking really joyful, her eyes were sparkling.

"Er, yeah, why are you celebrating?" I said a bit confused, I mean, NO ONE CELEBRATES THE WEEK OF LIGHT.

"Because its when us angels are at our strongest, and thats something to celebrate for us!"

Shapefune and I just smiled and walked away, but the minute we were out of sight, I asked Shapefune "Do you remember celebrating the week of light?"

He smiled for real this time and said "I don't, but now I know why I never really liked it"