Status: So apparently I died again...I got distracted with the fanfic I'm writing ("Free Falling") I will get back to this story A.S.A.P. until then...dreadfully sorry.

Outkast

Chapter Twenty-Four

I opened my eyes to see a girl with blue eyes and bonde hair. "Keri!" she shouted, trying to wake me up. She sat me up, as I slowly became aware of the situation.

"W-what's going on?" I asked looking towards the girl. "Who are you?"

"Come on Keri, it's me Aleshia," Aleshia said, as she got me standing. "We're getting you out of here,"

"Let's go," I replied, cracking a grin. We ran out into the hallway, only to have gun fire rain on us.

"Keri, behind me!" Aleshia shouted. I did as she told me. She began to return fire on Bloodlust. I watched in admiration as she began to push them back.

"Come on," Aleshia whispered, when there was a lull in activity. I creaped out into the hallway, gasping when I saw some of my friends lying on the ground, blood pooling around them.

"I'm sorry," Aleshia whispered. "I wish there was another way,"

"Aleshia!" shouted a males voice down the hallway. Aleshia turned her head towards the voice, grabbing my arm when I began to walk towards my friends bodies. "Good you found her,"

"Yeah," Aleshia replied. I looked towards the new comer, and noticed he was wearing a bandana to cover his face.

"You're an Outkast," I said, glancing towards Aleshia, and saw she was wearing a bandana too.

"Um...yeah," the boy said in a duh tone.

"Did you find the rest of your gang yet?" I asked.

"Still looking for them," Aleshia admitted. "You find them Jake?"

He shook his head no.

"I know where they are. Follow me," I took Aleshias hand and led her down the hallway.

"Where are you going?" Jake called from behind us. "I just checked over there,"

"Obviously you dont 'know your way around this complex," I snapped back. "Follow me, quickly,"

We got down a couple of hallways before we ran into Dakota. "Dakota!" I neearly shrieked, as Aleshia and Jake pulled out their guns.

"No! Don't shoot!" I put myself between the guns and Dakota.

"Why not he's one of them," Jake snarreled.

"He's good!" I snarrled back.

"Guys we can't waste anymore time here," Aleshia hissed, putting her gun into her holster. "Come on we need to find everybody,"

"This way," I said pushing Dakota in front of me pulling Aleshia behind me, Jake following reluctantly behind. A few more hallways later we got to the cell block.

"Jordan!" Aleshia hissed, looking into the cellls.

I ran over to the cages with a key ring. "Dakota, which one is it?"

Dakota took the keys and unlocked the cells that were occupied. I watched in silence as the Outkast kids slowly emerged from their cells. I watched Jake as his face slowly softened as he saw the state that Taria was in. He walked over towards her and caught her when her legs gave out. She looked up at him smiling slightly.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jordan walk up to me. He wrapped his arms around me making me gasp. "Thank you," he whispered into my ear.

I wiggled out of his hug and went towards Dakota. "No problem," I whispered, wrapping my arms around me.

"We should get going," Dakota said quietly, after he was done handing out their weapons.

We heard the door on the far end of the room slam open. "Aleshia!" A female voice called. "Aleshia, if you're down here we need to move!'

A girl with red hair soon came into veiw. "How many?" Aleshia asked.

The red-haired girl shook her head, "Too many,"

"that's okay Bella, where's Lizzy?" Jordan asked, taking over his role as leader.

"She's waiting for us in the hallway," Bella explained quickly.

"Who's that?" Dakota whispered into my ear.

"that's Isabella," Jordan replied. "Wait, what are you doing here? You're a Bloodlust,"

I stood in front of Dakota as everyone drew their guns, "Don't shoot him,"

Jordan looked at me, seeing if I would move, he finally gave up, and put his gun away. "One wrong move," Jordan hissed through his teeth.

Dakota nodded his head, "Come on, I know a short cut out,"

I followed Dakota close, making sure none of the Outkasts would harm him. Dakota surprised the girl, standing sentry at the door, when he walkedout.

"Whoa, Lizzie, it's fine," Isabella exclaimed, coming to his rescue.

I wrapped my arms around one of Dakotas as he took us thorugh the complex. Glancing behind Dakota and me, I saw the Outkasts looking around uneasily...we were going deeper into the complex and they didnt' like it. "Dakota, where are we going?" I whispered, glancing around at the dark hallways. I had never been this far in before.

"There's a tunnel that leads outside, back here," Dakota whispered into my hair, wrapping an arm around my waist. We walked down several hallways, in an uncomfortable silence. The light always getting dimmer the farther we went in.

"Everybody stop," Dakota whispered. Everyone did as they were told. I clung onto Dakota's arm as we listened to the silence. Suddenly, it was broken by shouting in the distance.
♠ ♠ ♠
so sorry this took so long to update...and sorry the last chapter was so short. I want to thank three of my friends who decided they wanted to be in the book...when I wrote this section. The boy represents one of my friends boyfriends, and yes Jake and Taria are together in real life...that's just not their real names lol.