Status: So apparently I died again...I got distracted with the fanfic I'm writing ("Free Falling") I will get back to this story A.S.A.P. until then...dreadfully sorry.

Outkast

Chapter Twenty-Six

I woke up to Jordan shaking me awake. "Come on," he whispered. "Wake him up," Jordan gestured to Dakota. I slowly shook him awake. He woke up then looked at me and smiled a little, making me smile back.

"Morning," he whispered to me, standing to stretch.

"Morning," I answered, looking around. Most of the Outkasts were having troubles waking up. I watched as Jake picked Taria up, when she wouldn't wake up.

Once everyone was standing, Jordan signaled everyone to walk forwards. "There's an entrance a couple miles ahead," Dakota whispered to Jordan. I looked around when his voice echoed in the tunnel. I hadn't noticed it before, I was so tired.

We walked for about an hour more before we saw a light at the end of the tunnel. I looked up at Dakota, who nodded, "That's the exit,"

I smiled, knowing we were almost free. Suddenly, we heard shouting behind us. "Come on," Jordan said, trying to keep his voice in check. Everyone started sprinting towards the exit, our freedom. I stumbeled after I felt a bullet pierce my leg. I cried out as Dakota caught me. "Come on Keri, you can do this," Dakota whispered into my ear as we ran.

"This can't be good for the baby," I muttered as Dakota caught me again.

Dakota shook his head, "It should be fine,"

I nodded, starting to breathe hard. Once we reached the exit we all jumped into the lake that was there, all of us surfacing in different spots.

"Come on," Dakota shouted. "You're not gonna want to swim in this stuff for long!"

I began to understand what Dakota meant as I started to reach the shoreline. The stench became overwhelming, and you began to feel light headed. A couple of times I felt something nip at me, making me shriek in surprise.

"Beware the baby snapping turtles," one of the boys from Outkasts whispered in pain, his face extremelly pale.

I looked at him confused.

"It got me," the boy said in a falsetto voice.

I tried not to laugh as I swam to the shore, where Dakota pulled me out and began to check me for wounds.

"Shit," he said, as he found the gunshot wound on my leg.

He began to clean it out when Bloodlust caught up to us. "There they are!" shouted Adam.

We all looked up towards the sewer to see all of their guns pointed at us. "Nipple, come on!" Jordan shouted towards the boy curled up on the ground. I smirked slightly when I realized that was the boy the snapping tuertles had gotten.

The boy, Nipple, ran up towards us, making Bloodlust start to come after us. "come on," Dakota shouted as he picked me up, and started to run into the forrest. I watched as some of the Bloodlust started shooting at us. Turning my head, I buried my face in Dakota's shoulder.

We didn't stop running until we were deep in the forest. Dakota slowed to a walk and set my feet on the ground. He then finished cleaning the wound, and wrapped it, stopping the bleeding. "Thanks," I whispered, as I tested my leg.

"No problem," Dakota whispered.

"Now what?" Jordan hissed, turning to Dakota. "We're free, but Bloodlust is gonna be looking everywhere for us,"

"We need to keep moving," Dakota replied in an even tone. "It's a matter of minutes before they let the dogs loose after us,"

"What are you talking about 'keep moving'?" Jordan nearly shouted. "Half of us can barely keep on going! We're all exhousted!"

"And I'm sick!" I shouted at Jordan. He looked at me bewildered. "Look, we need to keep going, they're not going to rest until they find all of us."

"So what do you suggest?" Jordan asked, a little more calmer.

"Find someplace that's out of the way so we can rest?" I suggested.

We all looked over towards Taria and Jake, when Taria cried out in her sleep. Jake instanly started to calm her down, kissing her face and cooing in her ear. "I know of a secluded clearing a little ways off," Dakota shrugged.

"How many other of you know of it?" Jordan spat.

"Just me," Dakota said. "I go there to be by myself and just relax,"

"Take us there," I whispered, making Jordan nod in agreement.

"This way," Dakota replied and took us deeper into the forest.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapters kinda slow...sorry :( and I know for a fact the next chapter will be slow. Actually the next few will be slow, and then a twist of event lol, but please bare with me as this book comes to a close in...oh i know more then 10 chapters but idk if it'll be less then 20. idk, We'll find out. Hope you enjoyed the chapter, no I need to go and find the church keys I accidentally lost :( Ciao!