Status: So apparently I died again...I got distracted with the fanfic I'm writing ("Free Falling") I will get back to this story A.S.A.P. until then...dreadfully sorry.

Outkast

Chapter Twenty-Eight

I remembered laughter, lots of laughter, and a little boys face. He kind of reminded me of Jordan.

"Come here Keri, let's play," the little boy called as he ran over to a jungle gym.

"Jordan wait up!" I called, running after him, nearly falling sometimes. Once I reached the jungle gym I looked up to see Jordan smiling through the bars. I quickly scrambled up to the top of the jungle gym, and bumped into Jordan.

"Look," Jordan said in awe, pointing at how small the playground had gotten.

I looked out my smiling face quickly changing to one of fear. I hugged him to me, burying my face into his shirt.

"It's okay, Keri, I'll protect you," he whispered into my ear, as he hugged me to him.

I opened my eyes to feel somone stroking my hair, my head resting in their lap. I just lay there, relishing the feel of that persons soft touch. I closed my eyes so no one knew I was awake.

"We should keep moving, Dakotas voice said, somewhere to the left of me.

"We need our rest," Jordan argued back, his voice above me.

"Keri can't handle much of any food that the wilderness can provide. She needs to get somewere where they have regular food. She'll starve if she stays out here,"

"And why can't she handle it?" Jordan snarreled.

"Because she's pregnant!"Dakota snapped, I descreetly moved my hand so it was covering my stomach.

The clearing got deathly quiet as everyone let the news sink in. "Who's is it?" Jordan asked a few secondes later, his voice cracking.

"It could be anyones! Everyone that raped her has a chance of being the father," Dakota replied.

I felt Jordans body shake as he began to sob. He brought me into a hug, holding me tightly. "Did she atleast attempt to fight them off?" Jordan finally asked.

Dakota was silent for a few seconds then said, "No,"

Jordan began to cry harder as this news hit him.

"She wasn't able to," Dakota continued.

"What do you mean?"

"Her hands were always bound behind her back, but sometimes the guys would hog-tie her just to hear her scream,"

I felt Jordans face rest on mine. His tears fell on my face as he kissed me and said he was sorry for not being there for me.

"Jordan, don't go beating yourself up about it, there was nothing you could've done," Dakota whispered.

"I couldn't keep her safe, after I had her back. And becuse I couldn't keep her safe, she lost her memory," Jordan cried into my hair.

Dakota sighed, "She still has her memory, she just can't access it at the moment,"

"What do you mean?" I heard Nathan ask.

"she was hypnotised, and was forced to forget her memories,"

I looked over towards Dakota, eyebrow raised in confusion. Everybodies eyes in the clearing were on Dakota now.

Dakota shifted nervously, "She has certain keywords that trigger different responses from her. I know they used the one that knocked her out several times, so that they could rape her without her knowing it, while you guys were with us,"

"What are some of the trigger words?" Jordan asked.

"Well um...sleep put her-" I didn't hear the rest of Dakota's explanation, because I had passed out.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

"Jordan?" I asked gorggily, upon waking up. How did I get here? I wondered, looking around hazily.

"Hey Keri," Jordan whispered, bringing me into a hug. I smiled, leaning my head up towards his and gently kissed him. He kissed me back, a little more forcefully then he neeeded to, but I wasn't complaining.

"Where are we?" I asked hugging his arms close to me.

"Dakota brought us to a safe place," he whispered into my ear.

"Dakota?" I aked confused.

"Mhmm," Jordan said, kissing my forehead.

"Where is he?" I asked, looking around.

"He had to go," Jordan said, hugging me close to him.

"Why?" I asked, leaning my head against his chest.

"I don't know," Jordan shrugged. "He just said he had to go,"

"Oh, okay," I looked down, then realized I was hungry. "Jordan,"

"Hm?" he asked, looking at me.

"Is there any food here? I"m kind of hungry,"

"Okay, let's see what we can do," Jordan stood up, and went to look for food. I leaned up against a log, and searched my memories, tyring to fgure out how I had gotten here.

I remembered being in cells...Jordan was there too, and slowly everyone else was filtered into that cell also. I remembered being taken out at various times, being wrenched from Jordans arms...hearing him plead for them to take him instead, I would then be thrown into random rooms, where I would then attempt to find a hiding spot. A different person, everyday, would find me and drag me out of my hiding spots, and throw me onto the bed, and shout a word at me. I couldn't remember what that word was though.

I shook my head, attempting to remember what that word did to me. I realised that whenever they said this word, my muscles would stiffen, and I wouldn't be able to move. Once I was like that the person would begin to talk in a monotone voice, making me fall asleep. They would be a murmer in the background until I woke up, which was when they were done talking. I had slowly begun to push my friends away.

I groaned, as everything became hazy after that. I started whenI remembered I was pregnant, and Adam had attempted to kill the baby. Looking up I saw Jordan with a gronola bar for me. "I'm gonna need more then that," I said in a sing-song voice.

Jordan laughed quietly, "I know," he sat down next to me and handed me my "food". I unwrapped it, and quickly inhaled it.

"Jeesh, Keri, slow down," Taria giggled.

"Shut up," I stuck my tongue out at her. "You try being pregnant, and see how hungry you get,"

"I'd rather not,"

"When's it due?" Arial asked.

"I don't know," I replied looking down at my stomach. "they never really had me see a docter, when I was there,"

Everyone was silent for a few minutes. "Well, we shold get going. I don't exactly trust Dakota that much,"

I looked at Jordan in disbelief.

"What?" he asked, confusion on his face.

"Why don't you trust, Dakota?" I asked, disbelief in my voice.

Jordan shook his head, "He's one of them,"

"He's my best friend! He helped me escape from them!" I almost shrieked. "He's the only person I'd actually trust that's from that gang!"

Jordan stood a couple of feet from me in a shocked silence. "What're you saying?" he finally asked.

"I'm not saying aything!"

"You want to be with him," Jordan said quietly.
♠ ♠ ♠
so sorry this took so long :( fair got done...two weeks ago. I got engaged around 3 weeks ago, school starts in shit like 3 days maybe 4. yeah lucky me my school starts early :( oh well...well I'm gonna try and get more up today cuz I wanted this done before summer got over and I haven't even written the ending yet :( happy reading!