Status: So apparently I died again...I got distracted with the fanfic I'm writing ("Free Falling") I will get back to this story A.S.A.P. until then...dreadfully sorry.

Outkast

Chapter Three

"Hey Taria!" I shouted, upon seeing one of my best friends coming up to her locker, which I happened to be in the way of.

"Hey Keri," she replied, shoving me out of the way with her good arm. She unlocked her locker and bent down to get her stuff.

"Oops," a boy said, as he pushed me backwards into Taria's crouched form, making me fall.

"Adam!" I yelled. "You are so dead!"

He scoffed, "Oh, yeah, cuz I'm afraid of you."

"You should be!" I shouted back at him, as more of my friends came up. They helped me up, and handed me my stack of books.

"You okay?" Nathan asked, upset.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I replied, muttering.

"You're sure?"

I nodded, smiling inwardly, because I knew that he had a crush on me, and if I wasn't dating Jordan I'd most likely be with him. He was so sweet!

"Hey Keri," came Jordans voice from behind me, I twirled around into his arms. Laughing , he bent down, and kissed me gently on the lips.

"Ew! Get a room!" Arial teased as she came up to us, smirking.

I stuck my tongue out, as the last of our group walked up. "So who's Keri licking now?" he asked, as we all tried not to laugh.

"Gross, Nipple!" I shouted, smacking him on the arm. You had to love Nipple, there was no way around it, although, that isn't his first name. He happened to go by his last name more then his first.

"Well, looks like we're all here. Where are we meeting tonight?" Nathan asked.

"We can-" I started before getting interrupted.

"Taria! Remove the handkerchief from your arm! You know the rules! No gang symbols!" the principal shouted at us.

"Fuck my life," Taria swore, as she tried to undo the knot. Arial walked over to help her, retying it around her neck like the rest of ours.

"Lemmie see your arm," I whispered, as I turned her towards me. We looked around for teachers then she slid off her sweatshirt, so I could see the wound. "Who helped you?" I whispered.

"My sister," Taria whispered back. "She was lucky she got it out...it was in really deep."

"Tell her 'thank you' for me...we can't lose our best gunner."

Taria smiled at this, "Thanks, Keri."

Nodding, I turned back to Nathan, "To answer your question-" The bell rang making me stop. He looked at me, lost. "Lunch," I called as I went to my first hour class with Taria.

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

"Hey," Nathan said, coming up behind me and Taria in the lunch line, poking me in the sides.

I cried out in surprise, and whirled around, punching him in the arm. "Jerk," I muttered trying not to smile.

"Aw! Come on Keri! Don't be like that," Nathan pouted.

I burst out laughing, he was too cute. "Fine," I hugged him. "Hey, what's for lunch today?"

"Um," Taria said, tyring to think. "Something with turkey, I believe."

"Ugh, again?" I stuck my tongue out. "This is like what?"

"We've had turkey everyday this week," Taria confirmed.

"I say ala cart!" I exclaimed, jumping out of line and into a different line with more choices.

"Me too," Taria followed me.

"You two suck," Nathan whined, having to stay in the regular lunch line. His family never filled his lunch account, so he always had to buy his own lunch with what little money he had.

"Sorry," I looked towards him , feeling bad about leaving him in that line. "But I can't eat turkey again this week. I.will.go.insane!"

He smirked, "The usual spot?" I nodded, as he gave me a thumbs up.

"Come on," Taria pulled me down the stairs to the other line.

We stood in the ala cart line for what seemed like forever[i/]! We watched as Nathan zoomed by us in his line. "Um...Nathan what are you doing?"" I asked him, as I bought my food to see him waiting for us.

"Adam's at our table," he said, not sure how I would react.

"Great," I seethed. Adam was my ex boyfriend, and we weren't the friendliest to each other after we had broken up. We walked over to our table and sat down opposite from Adam, Nathan next to me. Taria sat across from Nathan, next to Adam, looking as if she was floating on a cloud. I sighed, I should try to be nicer to Adam, because Taria liked him, but I couldn't get over what he had done to me.

"Hey Adam," Taria looked like an Anime girl that had been shot by cupids arrow.

"Hey Tay," Adam replied. My fists clenched at him using her nickname.

"You need to try and calm down," Nathan whispered into my ear.

I nodded my head, "I'll try," I looked up to see their faces had gotten a lot closer than they had been before. "Hey!" I shouted, making sure my disapproval showed. "We're still here you know."

Taria pulled away from Adam, but he held onto her arm, pulling her back and kissed her. He smiled as he saw me get up, enraged. I sprinted around the table then pulled him away from her, Nathan standing right behind me. "What the hell are you thinking?!" I screeched.

"What? She wanted it," Adam shrugged, not seeing what the big deal was.

"Yeah, and she wants to be your girlfriend, too, are you willing to do that?!" I shrieked, making a couple of teachers look towards us, alarmed.

"What if I was going to ask her today?" Adam spat back .

I raised my eyebrow, not believing him, "So ask her,"

"I will,"

"Do it,"

"I'm going to,"

"Quit stalling and ask her!" I shouted, the teachers looking at us before, were now running towards us.

Adam turned towards Taria, who had been watching us as if we were playing tennis. "Tay,"

"Yes?" Taria asked, her heart beating a thousand beats per minute, looking as if she'd faint at any second.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Adam asked.

"Y-yes," Taria gasped, then clutched her arm in pain.

"Tay, come to the bathroom with me," I said, noticing her grimace. Nodding to the teachers signaling that everything was fine. She nodded her head, then ran into the room. "We'll be right back," I hissed at Adam. Running after Taria to see her sitting against a wall. Her left arm hung limp at her side, tears streaming down her face.

Reaching into my hoodie pocket I withdrew a syringe, full of a strong painkiller. Kneeling next to her, I moved her sweatshirt, so I could stick her shoulder. I uncapped the needle then stuck it into her arm, and depressed the plunger.

Taria let out a soft sigh of relief, when the drugs finally took effect. "Took you long enough," she breathed, eyes closed.

"Sorry, next time tell me you're in pain, and you'll get it sooner," I chided.

Taria glared at me, with watery eyes, "I'm sorry I prefer to suffer in silence."

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes. "Lets go. Your 'boyfriend' might be worried."

Tarias' face lit up at the mention of Adam. "I can't believe he was actually going to ask me to be his girlfriend today," she all but shrieked.

"Yeah," I muttered, looking towards the ground. I capped the needle and put it back into my hoodies pocket. I had to start saving them, we were getting low.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took forever. My friend that wanted to be my editor, decided that she didn't like a sentence but she never fixed it...but I got to go, because I need to go pick up a couple of my friends, so we can hang. Either way sorry for the filler, and I promise it'll get better...or atleast that's what my friends have been saying.

Questions, Comments, Concerns...Clean jokes?

5/15/13

Updated, and proofread. I think I got all of the commas and periods corrected along with spelling errors. See any that need fixed? Let me know in either a message or comment and I will fix it as soon as I get the chance. My final final's tomorrow and then I will be on summer break and possibly more chances to write, if I don't find a job.