Remember

2/2

Do you remember that night, last December?

We weren't exactly lost. Just, not where we wanted to be. You held my hand as I wobbled along the cement divider on the side of the highway, and caught me when I fell off with a giggle. We felt drunk with happiness, and we leaned on each other as we walked down the road, singing at the top of our lungs. Our favorite songs came to mind, and you belted them at the top of your voice, me singing along, laughing when I couldn't.

The moon was full; I remember the light made shadows on your face, though your teeth glowed white. We were almost to the house, the house that wasn't home, and you started to sing your favorite sad song. I smiled, leaning against you and closing my eyes as we walked slowly in the moonlight. Our hands were cold, and you grabbed mine and put them both in your pocket.

You trailed off your singing and kissed the top of my head as we paused in our walk. I smiled up at you and tilted my head, my lips together as I closed my eyes and stayed like that. You laughed, and leaned down to kiss me.

We made it there with red noses and smiles on our cold faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I had a thought, and decided to continue this story.
Please subscribe, I'll be attempting to update with more short little memories/wishes like this.
Comments would be lovely as well, concrit=awesome.