Status: 11/9 - I've been busy with make up work for school since I was sick, but THIS STORY IS ACTIVE!

S i l h o u e t t e s.

P i z z a.

Just dance, gonna be ok, da da doo-doo-mmm

Just as the song ended, I caught sight of the pizza place.

Town was pretty small, much smaller than the city obviously, which was weird for me.
I was used to the loud, bustling people, getting shoved on the streets, hailing down cabs and the honking of horns 24/7. Here there was none of that.

There looked to be about ten or so different stores in town. Stores ranging from a small super market, convenient store, hardware store, Laundromat, gift store, book store, pet shop, a few restaurants and a cinema. There really wasn’t a lot, but it seemed to be enough for the people living here.

I parked in front of the pizza place, Pat’s Pizza.

As I looked around I noticed that there weren’t many people out today. It wasn’t that late and the weather was fairly nice out, but it also could be because there aren’t that many people in this town to begin with. I mean really. I’ve never heard of Jefferson, New Hampshire until my mom said we were moving here.

I hugged my sweater closer to myself as I made the short walk to the door of Pat’s Pizza. As I entered the small restaurant, the warm air instantly hit me. It was hot from the big oven that was used to cook the pizza and it also smelled like Italian food, but mostly pizza.

There were surprisingly a good amount of people in the restaurant. The employees were laughing and joking around in the back while they still managed to answer the phone, ring people up at the register and make the food.

I made my way towards the counter. As I reached it, I realized that mom didn’t specify what kind of pizza she wanted. I sighed in annoyance and took out my iPhone to text her. It was too loud in here to call her. I quickly found her contact in my contact lists and held the phone up to my ear.

I impatiently drummed my fingers against the counter as it started ringing.

“Uh, if you’re not going to order right away can you step aside?”

I turned my attention towards the guy standing behind the counter.

He had medium length brown hair that fell slightly in front of his green eyes. He was also tall. Taller than me. His skin seemed to be glistening with a thin layer of sweat which caused him to push up the sleeves on his shirt. He was also wearing a half apron that tied around his waist that had the Pat’s Pizza logo on it.

As I examined him, he seemed to grow impatient and raised his eyebrow.

“Did you hear me? Move.” he said rudely.

I scoffed. I would not be talked to like that. To make my point, I stood up straighter and then turned my back on him, still staying in my spot. I smirked when I heard him scoff this time.

He mumbled something under his breath, but I didn’t have a chance to say anything because mom finally decided to answer her phone.

“Bry honey? Is everything alright? Did you find town easily?” she asked frantically on the other end.

I nodded even though she couldn’t see, “Yeah mom, I’m fine. You just forgot to tell me what kind of pizza you wanted.”

“Oh! I’m sorry sweetheart! Well whatever you want I’ll have.” She said cheerfully. “But, can you buy a two liter bottle of soda or something? We can put it in the cooler and save it until we get the refrigerator set up.”

I groaned inwardly. I didn’t eat pizza; therefore I won’t be eating it. I was planning on maybe buying something else and getting the pizza for her, but I don’t think I’ll have enough with the pie and drinks now.

“Ok sure. I’ll see you when I get home then.”

I’ll just buy a cheese pizza; I didn’t mind those as much.

“Alright bye sweetheart!” mom said before we hung up.

I sighed and turned around to see bitchy boy still standing there glaring at me. I ignored his glares and walked over to the sliding refrigerator and got out a two liter bottle of Sprite before walking back to the counter.

“Ok, now I’m ready to order.” I said smirking at bitchy boy.

He rolled his eyes and took out a pad of paper from the front of his apron. He looked up, waiting for me to continue with my order.

“I’ll have a large cheese pizza and this.” I said motioning towards the soda.

He jotted the order down and handed the piece of paper off to another guy who then
proceeded to tell the cooks. Bitchy boy then rang up the order.

“That’ll be $18.25.” he said monotonously.

I handed him the twenty dollar bill mom gave me and he gave me back my change.
“Feel free to wait over there for your food.” He said pointing to the side of the counter, out of the way.

I rolled my eyes, but obliged.

After waiting ten minutes or so, they called out my order and I grabbed the large pizza box from bitchy boy.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

Of course bitchy boy didn't respond, but turned around instead. He obviously didn't like when people didn't listen to him, but I didn't like when people told me what to do. I was also very stubborn. A trait I was quite proud of.

I rolled my eyes at his immaturity and made my way out to the car.

I definitely am not planning on ordering pizza again, I do not want to run into him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
And we meet another important character! Please leave comments with feedback... it'll make me happy! [: