‹ Prequel: Learn to Spell, God!
Status: starting slowly but surely

Tomorrow Is Never Clear

Promise Me You’ll Never Feel Afraid

Sophie’s POV.

“Oh what are we gonna do, Pinkly?” I asked the little white dog sat on my lap. We were on the lawn in the back yard watching the sea rolling with the wind.

In situations like this things will either go horribly wrong or exponentially well. And I had no clue which way it would go down with Brian. After everything that’s happened in the past month or so, it’s probably the best thing I could ask for.

“Best go tell him I suppose.” Pinkly yapped in return. I scooped her up in my arms and went to find Bri.

Sure enough, he was in the kitchen. My iPod was in the dock blasting out music whilst Brian danced around, shaking his ass and singing at the top of his lungs.

Well I’ll tell you what I want, what I really really want. So tell me what you want what you really really want. I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I really really really wanna zig-a-zig-ahhhh!

The Spice Girls? He’d gone far too deep into the ‘old school classics’ playlist I had compiled. I cleared my throat and took a deep breath to calm myself. I was getting too hyped up on something so small. He flicked the volume down on the dock smiling bashfully.

“Bri, can we talk?” I asked. My stomach lurched with nerves, not helping my nausea from it being unsettled already.

“Sure, baby.” He smiled at me and signalled for me to sit on his lap on one of the stools. I took the invitation willingly. “What’s up?”

“Well you know we have this little family; me, you and Pinkly? What would happen if it, say, got bigger?”

“If you mean Jimmy can’t pay his rent any more and wants to move in, you have to know that I’ve been down that road and it’s not pretty.” He warned, not understanding what I meant.

“No! We’d never be alone. It’ll be like being on tour again!” The very thought of no privacy distracted me momentarily. “What I’m talking about involves the ‘pitter patter’ of little feet ...” I trailed of to watch his facial expression carefully.

“You mean like a baby?” He asked. “Holy fuck! You’re pregnant?! I’m gonna be a fuckin’ dad!

“Bri-” He cut me of by hoisting me into the air in his arms and twirling me around.

“We’re gonna have a baby! I can’t believe this. How long have you known? Oh God we’ve gotta tell people now ... my parents, the guys, your parents. Shit, I’m dead. Not only are we getting married without their consent but now I’ve gone and knocked you up at eighteen. Awwh man, your dad’ll hire a hit man to kill me off before you give birth and I’ll never get to see my own kid!”

“Brian! Put me down please; I feel sick.”

“Oh right, yeah. Morning sickness, I totally understand. Look, anything you need or want or whatever you’re craving I will get it.” He started rambling again. This was going to be harder than I thought. “Okay, what I say is we talk to Zack & Layla and see if we can have the wedding in a few months before you start to show then your folks’ll never know!”

“Shut the fuck up, Elwin!” I yelled, finally bringing him back to Earth.

“You seriously called me Elwin? Hey, maybe if we have a boy we can call him that?” His hopeful smile made my next few words hard to say. I hadn’t thought he’d jump to conclusions.

“We’re not having a boy, Bri.” He was about to talk again before I interrupted him, placing a finger on his lips to silence him. “Nor are we having a girl. I’m not pregnant. Pinkly is.”

“Pinkly?” I nodded. “Puppies?” Again, I nodded. “No babies?” This time his voice dropped and sadness clouded his eyes.

“No babies, Brian. Just puppies for now.”

“No babies? Not even one?” He asked, moving his hand to my belly and closing the gap between us.

“Oh I’m sorry. We haven’t made any babies.” It really broke my heart to see how disappointed he was.

“Well, maybe we could make some babies?” He suggested, moving his hands to my hips and walking me slowly backwards out of the room.

His lips attached to mine in a kiss that sent me senseless. All my previous willing to stop him had vanished and I was now too caught up in possibly the most romantic exchange Brian and I had ever experience. He was really serious about this child business; he was ready to be a parent.

This thought brought me thundering back to Earth.

“I can’t.” I stammered, pulling away from Brian. “I’m not ready to have a baby yet, Bri. I’m only eighteen; I’ve barely done anything I wanted to before I have kids.” It’s amazing how one thought can trigger a mini epiphany like that for me.

“Oh ... no I understand, its fine. Wait a second ... if Pinkly is pregnant ... Ichabod Crane Vengeance!” He growled Icky’s name under his breath.

“Well done genius.” I chuckled, moving to hug Brian before he could too mad at Zacky for letting his baby get knocked up. “At least I know what my Dad’s reaction will be like the day I have to tell him I’m pregnant.” Brian chuckled, returning from his angry moment.

Brian’s phone began ringing in his jean pocket so before he could, I dug it out and answered for him.

“Hello?”

“Oh, hi Sophie.”

“Ahhh Zachary, I need to have a word with you.”

Whilst I was talking, Brian walked us into the longue so we could sit on the sofa and so he could listen in.

“Uh oh ... why? I swear, it wasn’t my fault.”

“What did you do that wasn’t your fault?”

“... Nothing. I definitely didn’t splinter one of your drumsticks when I was drunk last week.”

I inhaled sharply through my nose, clenching my teeth and biting my tongue to hold back my annoyance. Brian chuckled, his warm breath ticking my neck.

“Which drumstick? Please say it wasn’t one of the custom ones! Those things are impossible to come across, just ask Jimmy.”

“No, it was just a plain one ... it looked really used anyway-”

“No!” I exclaimed. “You broke Tre Cool’s drumstick, you ass! That was worth a fortune! Do you know how long we waited in line to see them! We went to England, damn it! It pissed it down with rain for four hours whilst we queued to get in, then walked two whole miles to-” Brian stole the phone from my grasp before I could let my anger peak. I buried myself in his chest as the wave of despair crashed over me.

“Dude, you’re in two lots of shit now; Ichabod knocked Pinkly up!” I heard Zacky groan loudly down the phone then asked if he’d have to pay some sort of parental maintenance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aloha world! We're working around inspiration constraints.
I can't garuntee when this'll next be updated, but it will be soon! When I'm back off holiday, I'll pester Layla. ;)
Enjoy, and by gum COMMENT! Ta babes xo