Moments Between Sleep

A Summer Held In Hand;

I opened the door to the ugly blue stall, which was really more of chipping paint with a toilet. The bathroom had a funny smell, like lingering perfume and hand soap. I gave a soft sigh, shaking the pregnancy test with my thumb and pointer finger. I shot him one of those 'I'm-right-and-you're-wrong,' kind of smile as he took the test from my fingers. His face grew sickly pale as he read the results. Two pink, thick lines proved I wasn't going to get fat because I wanted to.

His eyes glaced from the test to my face as I walked across the dirty, hard floor. My eyes caught his as I stared in the mirror, tilting my head to the side; awaiting his thoughts. Aside from how pale he looked, his eyes seemed shocked. I moved my gaze from his chocolate orbs to small drops of water echoing in the sink.

"This doesn't mean it's mine," he finally choked out. "You said I was just another one-night-stand."

At first, I was slightly angry by his words. I felt as if he had no right to say those words to me, but as I glanced back into the glass, I could see how sad Alex really looked. It was like his whole world came crashing down- And I was to blame.

"Trust me, Alex." I moved slowly across the floor to put a hand on his shoulder. "I wouldn't have come this far if I didn't know for sure it was yours."

"But it can't be mine-" he started. "I've got fans. I have a band that I care about. I have a life, Ayden. That baby can't be mine. I've got too much going for me."

This time I didn't mind the anger boiling in my guts. He'd dragged me all the way to some run-down Walmart, paid fifteen dollars for some pregnancy test, and now he refused to believe. I gave him a hard glare, throwing my hands on my hips.

"So what, Alex? You should have thought about that before you went around sleeping with strangers!"

Grunting, Alex shook his head. "I think I've learned my lesson, slut."

My mouth dropped, and my eyes filled with tears. How dare he! Who did he think he was? He had no right to speak to me like that.

"Screw you, Gaskarth." I half-yelled. "Rather you want to believe it or not, this is your baby. You've got at least eight more months to tough this out with me. It's only fair.'"

"No," Alex shook his head. "I'm going home, and so held me God, Ayden. You better not follow me!"

I gave him a smug smile and a soft laugh, "Walk away from me. Go ahead. But don't you dare threaten me. I've spent an entire month of my life trying to find you, and I'm not giving up now."

Alex shot me a deep glare, his eyes turning from a beautiful brown to an ugly black. I could feel the daggers hitting me in the heart as he pushed the pregnancy test back into my hands. He seemed as if he wanted to speak to me, but instead, he stormed out of the bathroom. I stood there, staring at the ghost of his anger. That didn't go quiet as I planned it to, but I didn't have any time to waste. My next stop was Baltimore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you subscribers!
This story will pick up- I promise!
But I will need comments for the next chapter.
(: