Status: Read Blog

Asylum

Against The Rules

Frank’s POV

I was back in Carmen’s office; the doctor wanted me to meet with her once a day for a month. I hated this I didn’t wont to explain how I felt or even talk about how I was feeling; the only person I would talk to was Gerard. No one understands why I go insane like he does. I was suppose to stay here for an hour but it seem longer, if I went insane I had to stay in my room the rest of the day. So everyday was hard for me not to go insane, my body craved it but I couldn’t let it happen.

“ So Frank when was the last time you went insane, “ She ask while looking at me.

“ Three nights ago, when the power went out. I ran to Gerard’s room, lucky the nurses let me stay there until the lights came back on, “ I replied.

“ And why did you run to Gerard’s room? You never done this before, “ She said.

“ Because for the first time I feel safe when I’m around him, I still have some fear but no like I do when I’m alone. I can’t explain why I feel like this but I do, “ I said.

“ Are you and Gerard together? You know that’s against the rules here, “ She said while looking at me, she stop writing in her book.

“ No we’re not, and I know. His my friend, I’m allowed to have friends here. Now if you don’t mind I’m leaving, my time is up, “ I lied before I left her office.

I had to lie If I told the truth they would separate me and Gerard or worst send either one of us to another asylum. I knew Carmen was going to talk about this to my doctor and I was going to get question once again but I’ll lie, I don’t care I wont let them separate us. I walk towards the outside; I needed to talk to Gerard. Once I walk outside I saw him sitting on the edge of the wall, its where I always find him everyday.

“ Carmen question me, about us. I lied and told her we were just friends, you know if the doctors or someone finds out we’ll get separated, “ I said while sitting beside him.

“ I can’t believe she did that, she doesn’t have the right to know. Yes I know but I’m not going to let that happen, I promise you. Their not going to come between us, I wont let them, “ He replied while looking at me.

“ I know you won’t. This is going to be hard though, we’re going to have to be careful, and watch what we do. What a stupid rule, they except us to just look at the wall all day long and talk to strange people we don’t know, to be lock up in our rooms, “ I said.

“ This will be hard, I know but we can do this. They don’t care about anyone or us for that matter. If they had it their way they would just leave us in our rooms all day and never let us leave, this is an asylum; people don’t care about you anymore, “ He replied.

It was true once you were sent here no one gives a damn about you anymore, you’re not treated as a human here. There not mean to us by all means but you can tell they don’t care if they could get away with it we would just be lock up in our rooms all the time, never letting us out. We’re just insane people to them, even though I’m insane I still want to be treated as a human. I was wanting to leave this place more then ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait, forgive me?