*** in Sheep's Clothing

*** in Sheep's Clothing.

Sex.

Sex, I heard the headboard rattling.
Sex, I heard the moans.
Sex, I heard your scream.
Sex, I heard everything.
Sex, I saw you.
Sex, I saw him.
Sex, I saw everything.

-

You could've been all I wanted
But you weren't honest.


-

“What’d you do today, babe?” Your nervous blue eyes connected with mine immediately as your head jerked up from the floor in front of us. The TV was on, though neither of us were watching Paul Blart: Mall Cop, anyway. Your gaze left mine as abruptly as it met, and your eyes were back locked on the floor.

“Um, nothing, not really. Took a really long shower, folded some laundry, washed all the sheets and everything.” Well, at least you were considerate.

I just nodded and didn’t say anything, knowing the silence would have you squirming in a mere matter of seconds.
Your cheeks seemed to be on fire, you were obviously uncomfortable and I had to fight to keep the smirk off my face.

“Is that all you did, Caelyn?” Quietly spoken and without making eye contact.
I heard your swallow bounce off the walls and saw you nod, anxiously. If I didn’t already know about why you were freaking out, I think I’d probably take you to the hospital.
God, I didn’t know what I wanted more: to call you out, make it known that I knew, or to keep quiet and keep watching you freak the fuck out.

It was kind of a relief, though, to see you acting like you were. If you were being nonchalant, it’d mean that it wasn’t your first time fucking around behind my back. But you weren’t; you were nervous, awkward, scared shitless, and it was incredibly amusing.

“Y-Yeah, Miles. S’all,” you mumbled and leaned back into the couch, not quite touching your face to the side of my knee like you’d done millions upon millions of times before. You wanted to, I knew, because it was habit. You didn’t ever sit without touching me. Well, before, I guess. Before, you hadn’t ever sat without touching me in some way. But now you weren’t and it seemed to be killing you.

Maybe you were sorry. Maybe it was spur of the moment. Hey, maybe you still loved me.
But maybes are shit, and I wasn’t up to listening to them.

“Actually, Caelyn, I’m pretty sure that’s not all. I’m pretty sure you had some guy over. Maybe a friend, a co-worker, a hooker, your brother, I don’t know, but some guy. And with this some guy, you had sex. You gave yourself to him, when you know you’re mine and your body is only mine to see, Cae. So, really, you’re a liar and a cheater, baby. And I have no patience for either.”
“No, no, I didn’t, Miles! I didn’t!” Your eyes were already welling up with those crocodile tears that I’ve heard you brag about being able to produce so many times.

“You did and I don’t want to be associated with you anymore. Go now, while you’ve got what little dignity you have still intact.”
Your watery blue eyes that wouldn’t met mine, they’re tracing over the room, trying to memorize what it was like, because you knew from my tone of voice that you wouldn’t be back.

“I didn’t, Miles. Couldn’t cheat on you, wouldn’t cheat on you,” you mumbled as you gracelessly ascended the stairs.
I simply leaned back into the warm couch and tried to replace all of our good memories and amazing times together with the image of you riding him.
It happened easily enough, and by the time you came down with bags packed and a tear-streaked face, I was working on controlling my temper enough to be civil.

“I love you, Miles,” you coughed out, turning to face me from your spot half outside the door.
“Oh? D’you love him too, then?”
“Just you,” was the whisper before the door slammed shut and left me alone, blissfully alone, in so many ways.

-

You choked off the surest of favors
But if you really loved me
You would have endured my world


-

Liar.

Lied, you lied about commitment.
Lied, you lied about staying truthful.
Lied, you lied when I called you out.
Lied, you lied when you faked your tears.
Lied, you lied, and you lied badly.

And I didn’t believe a word.
♠ ♠ ♠
:3