Status: comments?

Beauty Is So Vain

Closer

Randy Orton walked, cockily up the ramp, relishing in the boos that the crowd was not shy to scream at him. Shawn had been taken to the back in a stretcher and honestly, Randy felt bad about that, but he wanted to be the best at his job. Shawn knew what he signed up for in joining this business. Sometimes you get hurt it's as simple as that.

Pushing back the black curtain Randy was met with a large man with salt and pepper hair and a huge ego as well as swagger. Yep you guessed it. Vincent Kennedy McMahon.

"Look-"

"Save it Randy, I'm sick of you thinking you can do whatever the hell you want to on this show, MY show. You're on probation from the ring, indefinitely." Vince spoke in his deep mighty voice, everyone backstage glued their eyes to him.

"Wait Vince, listen! What I did out there was for the show! Imagine all the people who will want to tune in next week to see if Shawn retaliates! Or if I'll go after someone else!" Randy had to shout at his boss, the man was simply not wanting to hear him, yet after Randy yelled out his ideas Vince paused.

Randy waited as the influential man walked slowly back to him, obviously in thought. "Let's use that..... plus something else." Vince said cryptically, rubbing his chin with his index finger.

"The new Diva, Elena....... we'll use her too.........yes that'll work great...... I'll send you the new script soon Randy." Vince smiled and walked, briskly back down the hallway.

Randy Orton just stood there, confused but glad Vince hadn't taken his job.

"Lucky break, bro, but you need to start following script. What if someone hurts you like that." John Cena clapped his hand down upon his friends shoulder, shaking his head. Eve was behind him, slightly scared of Randy.

"Eh, it's what we do. I can't complain." Randy shrugged, smiling at Eve. The Diva was about to respond but held back, she needed to find Elena.

"She thinks you're some kind of monster you know." Eve looked him dead in the eye, before turning to leave.

John and Randy exchanged glances.

"Oh that reminds me. Vince wants to add her to my new storyline." Randy spoke, unfazed by the comment.

"Jesus you have another storyline? You get a new one each week!" John led Randy to the catering table and grabbed a water bottle.

"It's my reward for being a risk taker." Randy said with a hint of arrogance, nudging his best friend. "Wait back up, why is the new girl in you're storyline? If you hurt her I swear man I will not hesitate to kick your ass." John's ocean blue eyes became darker, threatening like a hurricane on the sea's horizon.

Randy lifted up his hands in surrender, he hadn't even thought that Vince would make him hurt a woman. "Hey relax! I would never do something like that!"

"Bullshit! I remember the storyline with Stacy!" John yelled, a vein popped out of his neck with the intensity of the action. Randy sighed as he also remembered. "Ok well that was different, Stacy wanted me to do that to her for publicity. That wasn't something I'd actually do!"

The two men stood silent, perhaps sizing each other up or maybe just letting the words sink in.

"Look. I'm sorry. It's the protectiveness in me. We cool?" John looked up at his slightly taller friend, hand ready for the "guy-hug". Randy easily accepted, wanting to not have tension hanging around them.

"Should we check on the girl?" Randy asked, snagging a water bottle as a caterer winked at him. It wasn't a woman. Randy shivered.

"I really don't think that's a good idea. She's scared of you, like seriously. She was heading towards the training room to see if they brought in Shawn. Nah, just let her be dude. If its that important to you, you can talk to her later.Don't look at me like that. You have the scary creepy thing down to a science."

Randy sighed, he was dying for a shower but was curious about Elena. How could she not know it was just storyline? Nevertheless he would have to see her to at least explain for scaring her.

Elena was out of breath by the time she found Shawn. She had run all over searching for him. "Shawn?" she panted, clutching the frame of the door to look in. Men in white and black shirts were crowding around someone or something.

"Yeah babe, in here." Shawn called, his voice strained. Elena rushed in and pushed aside the men to throw her arms around Shawn. He had been like a father and a brother to her. She was honored to call him a friend.

"No hug for me? Oh yeah ok. I'm good. No Elena I haven't been hurt lately and yourself?-" Hunter would go on and on if Elena didn't interrupt him and give him just as massive a hug.

"I can't believe he did that to you. I'm so sorry." the young Diva put a hand on her friend's shoulder, examining the deep looking gash on his head. Shawn smirked at her while he shook his head, sandy brown hair whipping around slightly.

"Still a rookie...." he smiled, "Nothing personal kid, just how things are. He's not a bad guy. Have you even bothered to consider you overreacted?"

Elena gaped at him. Was he serious? 'Not a bad guy'? Thatman snake kicked him brutally in the head! How can Shawn think she had overreacted?! Had that kick damaged his thinking?

"I- He- You were kicked! In the head!" she yelled, completely shocked it hadn't sunk into his head yet.

Hunter made a noise that absurdly sounded like a chortle. At Elena's glare, he hung his head.

"Yes sweetheart, I'm aware I was, but it's what we do as entertainers! Hello? Where were you when they told you that you were a WWE Diva?" Shawn teased, socking her playfully in the arm. Elena returned the gesture and felt her cheeks redden. "I guess I'm still learning. I wasn't on Smackdown that long when I was drafted to..."

The members of DX smiled knowingly at each other and turned to the door when they heard approaching footsteps echoing down the hall. Not a moment later, Eve breezed in, going straight to Elena and hugging her.

"Um Eve I wasn't the one who was hurt. That would be Shawn." Elena hugged back thinking that tonight must be the night for crazy people.

"Ugh no! I'm sorry I didn't warn you about Orton! When I left John was talking to him. I don't think Randy even cares that he scared you!" Eve said all this really fast in her guilt and just plain excitement at the memory of being with John earlier.

Elena blinked multiple times trying to process what she heard.

"Excuse me... I need a minute." she mumbled, leaving the room without even a backward glance.

Her boots made a little echo as she shuffled down the halls. Hardly anyone was around since RAW was over and the ring needed to be taken down. She was still in her outfit though, dazed by the night.

Had she overreacted? Would Randy think she was some freak who couldn't even handle her job? Why did she even care what Randy thought?!

Elena found a WWE crate that would hold some part of the ring and sat on it. Cold, hard metal biting into her thighs made her suck in a sharp breath, she shut her eyes for a moment. When she opened them Ted DiBiase Jr. was in her face, looking at her with an amused expression.

The urge to scream was strong but Elena clung to it and stayed silent.

"T-Ted,um, what are you doing over here?" She stuttered, stricken by his handsome face and street clothes. She was used to seeing him in his speedo thing.

"Leaving? But,uh, I wanted to ask ya something." he laughed, shifting his bag on his broad shoulder. "How about you and me going out? Like for real? No cameras." he radiated confidence.

This was not only incredibly random but incredibly interesting. She needed a new distraction, maybe Ted was it.

Defiantly she smiled and nodded her head. "Let's do it."

Randy Orton would be the last thing on her mind.... he had to be
♠ ♠ ♠
ehh, feedback?