Status: comments?

Beauty Is So Vain

Temptation Island

"What the fuck are you watching?"

John Cena looked up at Dave Batista to find him with his arms crossed across his large chest. John looked from his friend to the TV.

"Umm, Temptation Island?" John shrugged as he groped for the remote on the luxurious couch in the Palms Hotel.

"Jesus that's so sad, why don't you go to the casino or down by the pool. It's Vegas man." Dave said like his friend was the biggest idiot in the world. John shot up the middle finger as he changed the channel to something more appropriate: the last episode of RAW. It had been months since the night Randy kicked Shawn.

"Where's Eve?" John barked as he reached for his Monster energy drink.

Dave took the drink out of John's hand and gulped it down. "No idea but she's probably by the pool with Elena." John sighed and fell back against the couch lined with silk. "You do know we're here to do some publicity? Autographs, pictures..... ring any bells?" Dave growled as John studied the screen.

"This is ridiculous." Dave stalked to the tv and turned it off earning a groan from the huge lump on the sofa.

"Eve will never go out with you if you never leave the room." Dave tried again for the fifth time in the last half hour to get John to leave.

John just buried his face in the pillows. "NO! I don't want her to see me like this!"

"What the hell is going on in here?" Randy Orton's deep voice resounded off the room's colorful walls. He was dressed in an Affliction type shirt with dark loose fitting jeans.

"I have a zit the size of Mars on my forehead ok! I don't want to talk to Eve if the thing on my forehead has its own zip code!" John yelled into the cushions.

Randy and Dave looked at each other conspiratorially. "You're being a girl. I'm sure it's not even that bad." Randy sat down on the couch beside John. The man who was now WWE champion looked up slowly, scared his friends would leave at the sight of something so hideous.

Randy and Dave had to bite their tongues for the thing on John's head was smaller than the size of a pin head. "Seriously I'm going to the pool to talk to Elena." Randy scoffed.

"Ted will be with her. He never leaves her side." Dave called as Randy turned to leave. Randy knew Ted and Elena had been together what seemed since the night he kicked Shawn and somewhere deep down Randy wondered why that bothered him so much.

"Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that I need to tell her about our storyline." Randy smirked and walked out of the hotel room.

The walk to the elevator was scarier than Randy ever could have imagined. He was nervous to see how Elena would react to him being there with her. He hadn't really talked to her since that night months ago. They would greet each other when they had to and of course they had to talk on-air but Randy was sick of it. He wanted to talk to this woman who made him feel in ways he hadn't in a long time.

Before he knew it the doors slid open. He took a deep breath and walked in. "No going back now." he sighed.

As soon as the doors opened again, he was greeted with the hot air of Vegas and the eager shouts of WWE fans who had spotted him.

Randy felt much better when he was in front of the fans. He could still be himself but he could get more of an edge. He figured it was way better than being nervous about a woman.

A small boy pushed himself through the sea of fan girls and tugged on Randy's shirt. Randy stopped mid sentence and looked down to see a boy with a 3 sizes too big RKO shirt, cargo shorts, glasses that he needed to grow into and messy dark hair.

Randy managed to kneel down to the boy's level. "Hey guy, what can I do for you?" he said as warmly as he could. The girls around him fell silent as they saw what they thought to be a hard, cold man take time out to talk to a kid.

The boy gulped and raised a sharpie and magazine with a picture of Randy on the cover. "Um, could you sign?" he said as loud as he could to be heard over the others.

Randy smiled for him and took the sharpie and magazine. "Alright big guy, what's your name?" he spoke closer to his ear.

"Rudy." the small boy said without hesitation.

Randy nodded and began to write a personal message.

Elena had seen the commotion around the elevator but she wasn't sure what it was about. She turned to look at her boyfriend, Ted DiBiase, and saw no answer in his eyes. "Maybe it's John or Dave." he shrugged and started to lead Elena away but she stood her ground to see who it was. She was surprised when Randy Orton came up and saw a little boy with the biggest smile push his way out of the crowd.

Their eyes locked and the normal feeling of disgust that she tried to muster up for him was gone and in its place was something warm.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so im trying to get back in this since some people do read this so i will type some more in my spare time, this chapter is more of a continuation of what i had before. i'll write another one so feedback would be great. silent readers? that goes to you. :)