Status: In progress

Get Crunk

Ten.

I woke up, eyes quickly adjusting to the darkness as I squinted through it. I sat up. Someone had moved me to the couch. Tori walked in holding two backpacks. She smiled. "We goin' somewhere?" I asked, yawning.

"Yep." She nodded. "We're getting out of here." I blinked, staring up at her. "For good."

"What?" I gaped. "But, Tori-"

"It's too much." She cut in. "I can't do this anymore." She looked away.

"Where will we go?" She shrugged as I stood.

"Anywhere."

"You know where ever you go I'm going too." I grinned. She laughed, hugging me.

"Well then, lazy ass. Let's get outta here."

****

HELLO WISCONSIN! Err, NEW JERSEY!
We hitch hiked all the way here. Can you believe that? Because I can't. And it's fucking cold, too. We made it to a small diner by 7am, according to my watch. We were starving. "FOOD!" I yelled dramatically, banging on the door, the CLOSED sign staring me dead in the face.

"They're closed? Are you fucking kidding me?" Tori scowled.

"FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!" I pounded my fists against the glass. A light flicked on, making me stop. A middle aged woman with red hair opened the door.

"What on Earth are you two kids doin?" She asked, a thick country accent in her voice.

"We've been walking for hours." Tori said. "We're really hungry."

"We open in half an hour." She replied. We groaned. "Alright, alright." She hushed. "We can open early, but just this once, you hear?"

"Yes, ma'am." We replied, shuffling in.

Chocolate chip pancakes smothered in syrup, here I come.

****

"Ahh! Thank you so much Eve." I said gratefully, smiling at her.

"No problem. We might be openin' early from now on. More business." She cleaned off our table.

"How much-" Tori started, but Eve rose a hand.

"On the house."

"But-"

"Go and leave. Get where ever you need to go. You ever need somethin' to eat, we'll still be here." She smiled warmly. We thanked over a million times before we left. We walked more into the town, I'm not sure which, and found a hotel. It wasn't five star, but it didn't have cockroaches, either. I collapsed on the bed.

"I swear to God, if you wake me up again, I will fucking kill you." She laughed, tossing our bags down before getting in the second bed.

"I won't. Fuck that, I'm sleeping all day."

"You and me both."
♠ ♠ ♠
crappy chapter of crap!