To Her; With Love

THREE

I guess I couldn’t exactly feel sad about Nick leaving for the summer since I would be seeing him soon; in London! Oh man, I couldn’t have been more excited than I was when they handed me that envelope. But, I think the only problem would have been getting three other people to go with me. Well, actually, two other people. There was no doubt that my mom was coming with me since we’ll traveling half way across the world. And then I would have to convince two of my friends’ parents to let them come along, and assure them that it will be safe because my mom would be coming along. Oy.

“Mom!” I yelled from my room. “Where’s my red luggage case? I can’t find it anywhere!”

The next minute, I could hear footsteps coming up the stairs that were headed towards my room. My mom rounded the corner, rolling in my large red luggage case, an aggravated look on her face.

“Erica, I know you’re excited and all, but please try to keep it down. I’m nursing a headache right now and my Advil isn’t working. So, zip it,” her short finger pointed towards me and I pretended to zip my lips, lock them up, and throw away the key. She began to leave.

“Thanks mom,” I whispered to her. She shot her head around and glanced at me for second before leaving. “Ooo, close one,” I said to myself. I started dragging the large bag over to my bed and began packing. My phone was then ringing and I picked it up.

“Yes, Nick?” I answered. He laughed.

“How’d you know it was me?” He asked.

“Nick, your name comes up on my phone when you call; or did you forget that? How could it not be you?”

“True, but Kevin or Joe could’ve called you. Maybe even Frankie.”

“And use your phone to do so? Please. Why would they wanna call me anyway?”

“Well, maybe because I wanted to let you know that we’re changing your tickets and you’ll be flying over with us instead,” he replied. I could hear the grin he was making in his voice.

I didn’t know how to react, and I knew that when I did react, I might accidentally burst his ear drums. So, instead, I kept it on the more quiet side because making my mom angry was a lot worse than being the cause of Nick’s deafness.

“Like, on a private plane, too?” I asked.

“Yeah, and like first class and stuff, too,” he mimicked my voice and laughed to himself.

“Funny, Nick. Do we get to leave earlier or at the same time I was supposed to?”

“Nah, you leave with us now. So we’re leaving tomorrow morning. We already let your mom know, so she’s cool with it,” he said. “And please hurry up and pack because I know you’ll take forever to get that done. We usually like to get to the airport before the plane takes off.”

“Haha, I’m laughing to death,” I said sarcastically. “Well, let me off here then so I can finish up. I’ll see you in the morning! Bye.”

“Okay, later, babe,” he said and hung up before I could react to him calling me babe.

That was new. He’s never called me that before and, to be honest, it kept bugging me the whole night while I was packing. By the time 8 ‘o’ clock rolled around that night, I was almost done packing when the downstairs phone rang. We had a phone out in the hallway on the second floor, but my mom picked it up from the living room. I heard her muttering something into the receiver and then finally hang up. I then heard her walk up to my room for the second time that day.

“Almost done packing, I see,” she said. I nodded my head and continued to pack up a few pairs of shoes. “So, your friends’ parents called; Stephanie and Melanie can’t come.”

I looked up to my mom; she could tell by the look on my face that I was pretty bummed that my friends from where I used to live couldn’t come on the trip with me. They are the craziest Jonas Brothers fans, probably, ever. I figured they would definitely believe that I was really good friends with Nick Jonas if they were able to come with me. Too bad.

“For real?” I asked. My mom gave me that look that showed that it was true. “More fun for us then, right?” I laughed.

“Well, I guess so,” she said. “I’ve always wanted to travel to London. Denise and I have already talked about where we’d like to visit, so this should be fun.”

“Yeah,” I agreed. “I know its only 8, but I think I’m gonna get to bed. I’m pretty much done packing and I think it’ll be easier for you to get me up in the morning if I actually get sleep.”

My mom nodded her head and kissed my forehead before leaving the room. I hit the lights and jumped on my bed. It was comfy, but not enough for me to fall asleep right away. I couldn’t believe I would be traveling all the way to the over side of the world to see my best friend perform on stage. It was exciting and nerve racking; I wasn’t even sure how to feel.

By the time morning rolled around, I was completely exhausted. I stared at my alarm clock wondering why I was up at 5:30 in the morning. The sun was barely peaking through my window as my mom started to knock on my door.

“Time to get up, sweetie,” she said through the door. “Don’t want to be late.”

“I’m up,” I answered her back and she seemed to leave after that.

I stumbled out of bed looking for the light switch on the wall and searched my dresser for clothes to wear. It made me wish that I would’ve thought about putting out an outfit the night before instead of searching for one now. As I did the usual morning routine, I noticed my phone was blinking. A text message had been waiting for me for the past hour. It was Nick.

GET UP!! I would call, but I’ve got the feeling you might kill me :] see you soon

I couldn’t help but smile at the accuracy of his thoughts. It’s true; I probably would have killed him if he had called me instead of text me.

As soon as I was done getting ready, I dragged my large bag downstairs into the living room. My mom was in the kitchen making breakfast and brewing a fresh pot of coffee. I’m not a huge fan of coffee, but for my own sake of staying awake; I went into the kitchen and pulled out a mug for myself.

“You want coffee?” My mom gave me a weird face as she asked. “That’s unlike you.”

“I know, I know,” I placed the mug next to hers. “But I have a feeling that I’ll need it.”

And I knew I was right because as soon as I said it, the door bell began to ring. I gave my mom a look and she knew exactly what I was thinking and filled my mug up. I went over to the front door and opened it. Nick was standing with his hands shoved in his jacket pockets, along with a devious smile on his face. I had a feeling the flight to London was going to be very long.
♠ ♠ ♠
My apologies for taking forever to get this chapter up!! Tell me what you think; I'm totally up for everyone's ideas on this. I'm having a tough time writing it. Comments? Enjoy :]