Sequel: A Healing Touch

It Rains When I Cry

Chapter Ten

“Dad are you the doctor for Matt?” Megan asked her father, because when Matt had gotten there after they stopped the bleeding, they had him put up in a room. Her father happened to be one of the doctors on that floor.

“Megan, what are you doing here?”

“Answer me dad.”

“Let me check…Willa, do I have any new patients coming in?”

“Yes Doc, one just got brought up, room 234.”

“Thank you got a name on the patient?”

“Gun shot victim, Matt something.”

“Sanders” Megan said. And Levi looked at his daughter.

“Don’t tell me.”

“Angelique’s here” Megan said and took off to the waiting room.

“Willa, get his vitals, I’ll be in in a minute.”

“Okay” Levi moved toward the waiting room on the floor. He walked in and sought out the old woman. He saw her and he knew that what this was, was serious.

“Angelique.”

“Levi”

“What happened to him?”

“He was shot” Ana said from where she was sitting holding the book that Angelique had removed from the house.

“How?”

“An apparition, a powerful one, but it’s wounded. Stabbed with it’s own knife.” Michelle said distain dripping from every word she spoke.

“The knife that killed your twin.” Levi asked looking straight at her.

“You bet your ass it was the same one.”

“I’ll let you know when you can see him.” They all nodded and Zack answered his cell phone as it rang.

“Hello?”

“Hey uhm is Ana around you by any chance?”

“Yeah why Gena?”

“Kaila is flipping out over something.”

“Uhm you want me to send her over?”

“Yeah”

“Okay I love you.”

“I love you too. Your mom figured it out by the way. Why I’m not with you guys.”

“What she say?”

“About damn time.”

“That’s mom for you.”

“Yeah that’s you mother.”

“I’ll send a few people you’re way, I’ll be there when I can.”

“Okay.” They both hung up and Zack turned to Ana.

“Your daughter is freaking out about something.”

“Okay, uhm Nana, coming or staying?”

“I’ll stay”

“I’ll come with.” Michelle, Leana, and Johnny said at once. Ana nodded and they said their good byes and Michelle and Brian, and Leana and Jimmy held each other a moment longer than the others. And whispered I love you before the four of them left. Johnny took Ana’s keys as she handed them to him and kissed her forehead while they waited for the elevator to descend to ground level.

In Matt’s room he was just opening his eyes when Willa finished checking his blood pressure and temperature. He could’ve sworn she was an angel. Her hair was falling down over her shoulders as she leaned over him to check the wound on his chest.

“Damn, I’m gonna have to get my tattoo redone…” Matt muttered under his breath causing the angel leaning over him to laugh. It was a gentle laugh. He turned to look at her again. She had pretty blue eyes and a even prettier smile. Oh god if he was thinking shit like that he was on something. Hadn’t he just lost someone? He couldn’t remember much though.

“You look like an angel…”

“Trust me I’m no angel.”

“Really? Any way I can decide that for myself.”

“The doctor will be in too see you in a few minutes Mr. Sanders.” She shook her head, he was so doped up on morphine he wasn’t gonna remember this.

“It’s Matt.” he said and watched her walk from the room. She had a nice ass.