Status: active!

Baby, We're Invincible

chapter two

"So, whatever happened to Rebecca?"

Kennedy Brock scratched his head, moving his hair in a haphazard manner until it settled messily, framing his perplexed face.
He had no recollection of Rebecca whatsoever.
No memory of such a girl.

Kennedy gawked at Justin Richards with an utterly blank expression; was he supposed to remember who she was?
He couldn't recall having a Rebecca in his family... Right?

He winced, trying to figure it out.
"Who?"

Justin laughed rather loudly, his light blue eyes amused by Kennedy's lack of memory," Rebecca? Your girlfriend, remember? She went on tour with you...?"

Recognition was plain in the way Kennedy mouthed a quick," Oh," and how he frowned.
He quickly recomposed himself though, and smiled," Oh yeah, her. Uh... She dumped me."

Kennedy snickered, smoothing his fringe delicately and looking at Justin with a confident smile.
A smile that oh, so cleverly hid the pain and denial.

"But I don't care, she was a bitch."

Justin frowned, staring at him for a bit, wondering why in the world he would say such a thing.
Rebecca was a downright sweetheart; always offering advice and being her polite self.

"Really? Why'd she do it?"

Kennedy let the same stolid expression linger in his eyes as he replied, pretending not to care.

"I don't really remember. Something stupid about how I was supposedly a 'jerk'. Ha, it's her loss."

Justin nodded slowly, still not comprehending Kennedy's logic.
Justin took a small sip of his beer, the beads of moisture on the can sliding onto his hand.

He could of assumed as much: Rebecca was such a sweet, forgiving girl.
She was always the one to tolerate the worst kind of bullshit... That being Kennedy's.
Poor girl. She'd probably been suffering for longer then she let anyone know... And she finally had enough of him.

Justin took another swig of his beer, glancing at Kennedu acutely from the corner of his eye,
Kennedy was an idiot, through and through.

Kennedy shifted his weight uncomfortably in the metal stool, trying to concentrate on blur of colorful bodies around him and ignore Justin's suspicious glances.

Okay sure, he was a jerk.
Yes, Rebecca was an angel and she deserved the world.
Yes, he thought he could get away with the crap he gave her on a daily basis.
No, he didn't think she would put up with him for so long.

Kennedy knew his actions struck her very heart and soul, even though her smile tried to hide it all... He knew all too well.
But he couldn't stop.

Kennedy was well aware of his addiction, and even more acquainted with his own monstrosity.
The way he could more then easily pick up a girl with three hushed words and a tug of her young hands, anticipation gleaming unknowingly in his victims eyes.

Oh, if only they knew the extent of the damage about to be done.
Kennedy could have any girl he wanted, anytime, anywhere, and nothing could stop him.

He could also toss her aside like a well-worn doll; a used napkin crumpled and stained by impurities. He could do this in no time at all, with zero emotions on his part.

Kennedy Brock was a god, he could get away with virtually anything, he was invincible... Until now.
He wasn't the one to do the dumping... She was.
He didn't wave her away... She did.

Kennedy couldn't have been anymore furious, shocked, broken, and most of all, defeated.

He cleared his throat loudly and returned to realty, refusing to let his mind dwell on such an unecessary moment in time.
He didn't need whatsername and never would.
She was just another face to forget, another napkin left on the ground to collect dust.

Kennedy scrutinized his surroundings carefully, letting his eyes trail over the slim, attractive bodies of young women. Girls who tried to grow up quickly, so eager to let go of their morals, and in the haste, were left to a life of regret.

This little gamble was all too easy for him.
Kennedy had played this sly game many times before and it never grew old.

He would find a girl, give her the time of her life, and in an instant, she was gone.
Gone was the innocent little girl, here to stay was the aged women with a tiny infant nestled in her tired arms.

And where was Kennedy in the midst of all the chaos?
Out to find another pretty face.

He let his eyes risk on a brunette's curvy body, until he noticed a blonde head walk past.
Kennedy's eyes immeadiatley strained to follow the slender body, trying to catch a glimpse of her face past her long, blonde hair, extending well past the nape of her neck.

She was dressed in skin tight black skinny jeans, silver flip flops, and a slim fitting purple v-neck that hugged her curves delicately.

Kennedy watched as she grabbed a glass of Malibu Peach and poured a cup of liquid for her friend, who was following at her heels, eager for the acid to slip down her throat and numb her senses.

The blonde's friend didn't, couldn't, compare to the beauty of the blonde-haired mystery.
In fact, she paled greatly in comparison to the blonde who was now sitting on a stool, facing in my direction and talking with her friend.
Strangely enough, she hadn't poured a drink for herself.
She was like an open invitation.

The moment Kennedy caught sight of her mesmerizing, icy blue eye, rosy lips, and high cheekbone, he knew what he was going to do.

He turned back to Justin, who was fiddling with the tab of his beer can, and called his name lightly, forcing his eyes to stray unwillingly from the blonde.

Justin looked up at Kennedy, a nonchalant expression on his face accompanied by familiar bloodshot eyes.

"Who's that chick over there?"
Kennedy discreetly pointed his chin over in her direction.

Justin looked that way and then smiled," You mean the brunette?"

Kennedy scowled, growing more impatient by the second,"NO! The blonde one in the purple shirt."

Justin stared at her, recognition on his face as well as disgust.

"What?" Kennedy inquired.

"That's Madeline..."

Kennedy nodded and stood up, a dastardly plan already formulated in his mind.

"Wait, what're you doing?!"

He turned back to Justin and smirked," She's hot man, what do you think?"

Justin's face contorted as he grimaced," She's my fucking sister, what do you think?!"

Kennedy laughed," Well shit, how about that? She's still hot. Madeline Richards, huh?"
He chuckled and continued to walk in her direction, ignoring Justin's exasperated, angry glare.
Kennedy could understand the reason behind Justin's anger
After all, his sister was about to be bait for a monster.

Well, it was just too damn bad for him that his sister was about to play an unlucky victim in which Kennedy was guaranteed to win.

Kennedy Brock has a heart of pure gold and soon, Madeline's equally precious heart would turn to black.
She won't be able to say no.

It's a game, she's to blame
but who's keeping score?
You can tell by his grin
that he's done this before
So let the games begin
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully this chapter gave you at least a vague idea of Kennedy's character :)
thanks to all of you that submitted a comment!
Since I also have the next chapter prewritten, once I ya'll get me up to 16 comments, youll get the next chapter :D

OH! Here is a little picture so you can kind of see how Madeline looks like: click this!

Subscribe if you're liking it :)
<3