Status: active!

Baby, We're Invincible

chapter three

All the way to Madeline, Kennedy couldn't peel his lust-filled eyes away from her slender body. He had to have her now.

Her icy blue eyes were even more compelling; the way that they scanner her surroundings meticulously as though every person was an enemey, or even worse... A monster.

Kennedy chuckled softly at the obvious irony, shuffling past Madeline and towards the beer cooler, catching an air of her sweet perfume.

He was pretty sure the aroma infatuated him even more as he pulled out two cans of beer, catching the scent once more as she flipped her hair casually.

Kennedy let his eyes stray from her for only a fraction of a second as he twisted the tab of the beer can, opening it quickly.

He collected himself quickly, putting on a confident face as he strode over to Madeline with the two drinks.

She was chatting aimlessly with her friend, the brunette from earlier, but that didn't stop Kennedy from stepping in front of Madeline without the slighesr amount of care for the brunette who was shoved aside.
He heard her click her tongue and in the corner of his eye she scowled at him expertly before walking away angrily.

Kennedy turned his attention back to Madeline and smiled slyly, presenting her with the can of beer," A drink for a pretty lady?"

He watched as her nose scrunched in disgust as the reek of alcohol hit her nostrils and she looked up, giving Kennedy a hard look through narrowed eyes," No thanks."

Madeline Richards watched in amusement as a flash of shock rippled across the face of the guy who had approached her oh, so suavely.

He had probably expected for her to take the alcohol more than eagerly, as most girls at this party would, no doubt.
But Madeline wasn't like most of the girls here.
Nope, she was something else entirely.

Kennedy recomposed his shocked facial expression quickly; the feeling not quite registering yet.
Did she really just refuse a drink?
A drink that he was offering her?
It might as well been blasphemy.

Kennedy laughed and waves the beer in front of her," Its okay, c'mon, you know you'd like to."

She curled her lip back in response and tilted her head back, away from the liquid.

This time Kennedy wouldn't be fooled; he kept his face serene and nonchalant, shrugging and placing the can carelessly on a nearby counter.
"Not in the mood?"

He sat down in a metal stool adjecent to her and smiled coyly, waiting for her reply.

When she didn't reply, Kennedy got the impression that she wanted nothing to do with him.
Either that, or she was terribly shy.
Probably the latter.

Still Kennedy persisted, his voice calm and even," Are you sure you don't want a beer or wine... Something?"

Kennedy waited again for a few seconds until her sharp eyes suddenly turned to him, the icy depth of her light blue eyes making Kennedy's breath catch in his throat.

He recovered though, and responded by looking around the area wildly for emphasis, pointing our the atmosphere around them," Then why are you here?!"

Madeline scowled at the long-haired guy, who was obviously trying to flirt.
She was getting annoyed quickly; his narrow-mindedness and arrogance struck her as his most dominant characteristics.

"So you're saying that people have to drink at a party," she inquired, exasperated," Well, then, I'm sorry, I haven't checked the rules of the party handbook just quite yet."

Kennedy chuckled loudly and took a swig of his beer, the familiar acid sliding down his throat easily," Well, the party handbook says that most people come to parties to drink booze and have sex, just so you know."

She turned her piercing blue eyes to him again, looking rather insulted," Well, sorry, I'm not 'most' people."

Kennedy just nodded and laughed at her sudden defensiveness," I see, now chill babe, I was just joking..."
He smirked," So what's your name?"
As if he didn't already know.

She inhaled deeply and exhaled loudly, sounding more than just a little exasperated," It's Madeline, okay? Madeline."

Kennedy smiled and said the first thing that entered his mind, which he admitted, was pretty corny," Beautiful name for a beautiful girl!"

Much to Kennedy's surprise Madeline laughed loudly, the unexpected noise suddenly filling the air with excitement.
He knew that her bubbly laugh, the sound of an angel, would be ringing in his ears for the rest of the night.

She laughed again, the white of her teeth showing," Like I haven't heard that one before."

Kennedy shrugged and smiled shyly," Yeah, well, whatever..."
He laughed," I'm Kennedy by the way."

She frowned instantly upon hearing his name and glared at him," Oh. From that band? The Mayors?"

He frowned as well, but then smiled lightly, correcting her," The Maine."

"Figures," she muttered and rolled her eyes, standing up quickly and taking a step towards the back door.

Kennedy bolted up, this wasn't time for her to leave just yet," What do you mean 'figures'? Where are you going?"

She shook her head in disaproval," Oh, it's nothing."

She let out a breath of air angrily," I'm heading home right now. I hope it's not against the party handbook to leave early."

"Nope, it's not. But it might be against the rules if you went to your house instead of mine."

Madeline scowled at his crude humor, not amused in the least bit.
She shook her head; she didn't even know why she was still talking to him.
She spun around and walked out hastily.

Kennedy Brock watched in awe as her long, blonde hair flew out behind her as she walked briskly out of the house.
"See you later babe, uh, Madeline!"

He turned back to look at Justin, who was smiling smugly at the sight of his sister leaving Kennedy in the cold.

This wasn't over yet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, I didn't get all of my comments, but I still wanted to update this anyways :)
I hope you enjoyed!

Thanks to all of you who dropped a comment, you made me smile :):

heart of gold.
in_your_eyes_
Jazzers!
Novarez;
ilovehalvo


You're all amazing :)

<3

comment/subscribe if you're liking this so far! :DD