Status: active!

Baby, We're Invincible

chapter four

Kennedy Brock awoke the next morning with rays as sunlight hitting his eyes at just the worst angle, a dull throb radiating throughout his head.
He could practically smell the reek of alcohol in the air, mixed with cigarette smoke and the moans of a well-earned hangover.

Kennedy shifted his posistion and wasn't surprised in the least bit to find a young woman laying next to him, the white sheets pulled up to cover her slim body.
He slipped out of the bed and put on his clothing and shoes quietly, reflecting on last night.

After Madeline had left, Kennedy had bumped into her brown-haired friend and after that, it was history. He smiled to himself, proud of the fact that it only took him about 5 minutes to lure the brunette into a nearby bedroom.
He didn't recall her name, though he thought it started with a "C".

Kennedy shrugged, not really caring, and exited the room silently, leaving the girl to wake up on her own and realize her mistake.

Already outside and clambering into his car, he stopped when he heard a familiar voice call his name rather loudly. Kennedy stuck his head out of his car's window and watched in amusement as the host of the party and the frontman of the Maine, John O'Callaghan, stumbled over to his car and leaned toward Kennedy.
He could smell the odor of stale alcohol on his breath when he spoke.

"Yer not gonna help me clean up this mess, Kenny?"

Kennedy laughed and shook his head," Sorry man, your party, your mess."

"But I have a killer hangover right now! Please?!"

" I've seen you get on stage with a far worse hangover than that," Kennedy started to back up his car," Ask Pat to help you."

At that, he sped out of the O'Callaghan's driveway and headed to his own house, leaving an unstable John to wobble back into his completely trashed house.
He laughed as John called out some final last words in attempt to degrade him," Yeah, well, nice sex hair. BY THE WAY."

___________________________________

Okay, well, technically it wasn't Kennedy's home.
He still lived with his mom, as sad as it sounded.

Kennedy didn't care much though, using the excuse that he didn't have enough time to look for an apartment.

But his mom cared. She cared a lot.
As soon as Kennedy entered the house, he came face to face with his mother, who stood rigidly with dagger eyes.

"At a party again, were you? You reek of alcohol."

Kennedy shrugged nonchalantly and tried to dodge past his mother, but she blocked the path to his room and stood her ground.

"Kennedy, you do this every single day! You go to a party, you get drunk, you come home the next morning to spend half of the day locked up in your room and then you repeat the whole process."

He frowned at her words," So?"

Mrs. Brock's eyes widened and she scowled," So? So, Kennedy, you can't keep doing this. I know you're in a band and you basically live for this stuff, but you should really stop bring so self-destructive and...and... Listen to me and your father. We're worried about you."

Kennedy sighed and closes his eyes, trying to control his rapidly elevating anger," Mom, I know what I'm doing, alright? I'm 21, in case you haven't took note of that. This is what I do. You don't have to worry about me, trust me. In fact, I'd appreciate it if you didn't."

His mom took a tentative step towards him and placed a warm hand on his shoulder," But we are worried, son. This has to stop, I can't stress it enough."

He shrugged her hand off and pushed past her to
his own bedroom," Well don't stress it at all then."

He kept walking until he hears his mother's soft voice change.
"A young woman called yesterday. Her name was Amanda Griffins."

Kennedy stopped as the name stuck some recognition in him and he remembered her as the girl he had a one-night stand with about two
months ago when he had started to cheat on Rachel.

"She really needs to talk to you Kennedy... She's pregnant."

He flinched and shook his head, continuing the walk to his room.
"I don't know her."

_______________________________________

"What do you want?"

Kennedy laid in his bed and answered his cell phone rather rudely, the caller ID bearing a familiar name.

"Chill man, why so angry?"
Garret laughed at the other end of the line and Kennedy could imagine the goofy, amused look on the bassist's face.

"Again, what do you want?" Kennedy repeated.

Garret chuckled," The guys from A Rocket to the Moon are playing pool at Justin's place. Justin said not to invite you, but I think he was just kidding. So yeah, are you coming?"

Kennedy smiled to himself. He'd rather stay at home, but hell, if it was at Justin's place, then Madeline was bound to be there. He'd be stupid to refuse the offer.

"Count me in, I'll be there in a few."

_________________________________________

Kennedy stood at the Richard family's doorstep, inhaling deeply and bringing a shaking finger to the doorbell.
Since when did he get nervous when it came to girls?
The answer came to him as Garrett answered the door with a huge grin on his face.

Because Madeline wasn't just some girl.

"Hey, man, about time," Garrett greeted, grapping Kennedy's upper arm and hauling him inside.

"We're all downstairs," Garrett told him, dragging Kennendy to another door where loud noises echoes behind it.

Madeline could be down there.

Garrett opened the door and they both descended down the carpeted stairs, the voices and hollers becoming unbelievingly loud as the neared the base of the stairs.

Once they were in the basement, heads turned to them and almost immediately, they all started to holler simustaneously.
"Ay, Kenny!"
"Whats up, my man?"
"Yo, Brock!"

Kennedy grinned responsively and greeted everyone with a quick nod of his head and a soft," Hey."

A can of beer was shoved into his hands roughly and he smiled, feeling at home.
His thoughts wandered to his mother's earlier lectured and he discovered that she was right.
He spent half of the day in his room and then went to a party, only to repeat the process.

Kennedy shoved the bothersome discovery away and twisted the tab of his beer slowly, scanning the room for who else but Madeline.

As Kennedy searched the room, mostly filled with guys playing pool and drinking, Kennedy exactly who he was looking for.

Long blonde hair was all that he could see as he found Madeline sitting Indian style on a leather couch and texting on her phone, not really talking to anyone.

Kennedy looked around to see if anyone was watching him before he mace his way over to her and sure enough he caught Justin's hard stare.

Justin glared at him angrily and shook his head, mouthing clear words," Don't do it."

Kennedy shrugged and smirkef at him in reply before making his way to her.
"Hey, Beautiful."

Madeline turned around, her blue eyes piercing him and once again making his breath catch in his throat.

"Oh. It's just you."

Kennedy's heart fell at her matter-of-fact tone, but he refused to be brought down," Its Madeline, right?"

She rolled her eyes and stood up," Yeah."

Kennedy's heart pounded in his chest as he realized she was leaving," Wait, where are you going? Don't you remember me?"
Kennedy almost laughed at the Deja vu.

She scowled," Upstairs. And of course, you're Kennedy. How could I forget a person like you?"
Madeline strolled away with that and it took Kennedy a couple of seconds before he began following in suit.

He didn't make it far though, before Justin stepped in front of him, grabbing Kennedy's collar and bringing them face to face.

"Leave my fucking sister alone."

Before he had time to object, Justin's fist connected with Kennedy's jaw in a loud impact and the room suddenly turned black as he was knocked out of conscienceness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhhh, I'm so sorry for not updating in like forever. I've been in a jam lately and I don't know... I just haven't had the time to update. But now that I'm myself again, updates will be coming in as usual! Again, I'm so sorry! I hope Ya'll don't hate me :/.

So yeah... Obviously Kenny has a really bad personality and family probelms too. And on top of that, he just can't leave Madeline alone and that's a big no-no from big brother, Justin. Haha.
Yeah, so I hoped you like this chapter.

Thanks to the following people who submitted a comment for the previous chapter:


GleannBusiness
Mrs_Jessica_Midnight
ilovepatkirch
hey me too! :)
LostInStereo;
Novarez
ilovetoast
who doesn't??
heart of gold.


Hehe, this is kind of fun. I think I might just do that for every chapter :)

comment/ subscribe if you're liking the story so far! :DD

thanks for reading!