Status: active!

Baby, We're Invincible

chapter five

Madeline Richards just couldn't comprehend the reason behind Kennedy's obsession over her.
She made it clear to him that she wasn't interested, but he kept coming back.

She proceeded to wipe a wet handcloth delicately on Kennedy's lips and chin, where dried blood was caked onto his skin from where it had trickled down his now swollen lip.

Then again, because of his infamous reputation, Madeline was sure that he was well used to receiving whatever his heart desired in a matter of seconds. He probably wouldn't give up until he got in her pants.

Unconsiously, Madeline pressed the cloth more firmly against his lip and Kennedy suddenly twitched and grimaced, his eyelids fluttering open and revealing his hazel eyes.

Kennedy Brock gawked, wide-eyed, at the beautiful fair-haired woman sitting next to him, her face only inches away from his.

He smiled cockily, ignoring the sharp stinging sensation originating from his upper lip as he did so.
"Am I in heaven, because I'm seeing angels."

Madeline smiled lightly, hardly affected by his cheesy one-liner. She was sure it would have reduced any other girl to a fit of uncontrollable giggles, but not she.

"I don't think so, buddy. There aren't any angels here as far as I know."

Kennedy smiled coyly and sat up, staring directly at Madeline," Really? Because I'm looking at one right now."

Her sharp blue eyes met Kennedy's soft hazel ones and Madeline arched an eyebrow, shaking her head in a warning fashion.

"Yeah, keep it up. Soon you'll have two black eyes instead of one and you'll look like a racoon. I'm sure that's not the look you're aiming for."

Kennedy instinctively lifted his hand and reached to touch his left eye, flinching when his fingers cane in contact with the tender skin encircling his eye.

"What the fuck is Justin's problem?! He did this to me, didn't he?" Kennedy inquired angrily, a resentful frown on his distended lips.

Madeline shrugged uneasily, almost feeling sorry for him. She knew Justin could act unreasonably at times, but in a way, Kennedy certainly asked for it.

"Don't take it too personally," she lied, knowing fully well that he should," He's my brother and tends to be a bit overprotective at times. I'm sorry."

"A bit?" Kennedy repeated sarcastically," You should tell him to go fuck off."

Madeline sighed and stood up aruptly, handing him the red-stained washcloth.

"Listen, Kennedy, you should get out out of here, okay? I'm sure Justin will come up here any second and he sure as hell won't be pleased to see you."

Kennedy stood up as well, trying to get near her, but she backed away precariously.

"Whatever," he agreed halfheartedly, then smiling at her, he asked," I'll see you around though, right?"

She sighed heavily, pinching the bridge of her nose habitually and thinking of ways to "shake him off".

"I don't think so," was all she could say.

Kennedy titled his head, attempting to look adorable, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion and his hazel eyes pleading out to her.
"Why not?! We could be besties!"

He smiled, knowing he would eventually make them much more than just friends.

Madeline frowned, wishing he would just leave.
From below, she caught Justin's familiar voice stating that he would be upstairs in a minute and if Kennedy was still there, he'd beat the shit out of him.

She needed to get Kennedy out of the house before Justin could see him. She flinched at the thought of what her brother would do to Kennedy if he managed to get his hands on him. The picture that entered her mind wasn't pretty.

Madeline was beginning to panic. Even though she disliked Kennedy greatly, she wasn't one to wish bad upon others all the same.

"Thirty seconds," she heard Justin growl from the basement.

Madeline exhaled loudly and gave in, glaring at Kennedy so she wouldn't look as defeated as she felt," If I give you my number, will you leave?"

Kennedy nodded eagarly like a child and swiftly pulled out his phone, shoving it into her hands.

"Don't even bother putting in a fake one, because I'll just come back here to get the real digits."

Madeline cursed mentally, erasing the fake number she had already entered into his phone and scrambled to punch in the real one.

She saved the number in his phone and handed it back to Kennedy, who had such a foolish grin on his face that she would of slapped him if it weren't for Justin's loud footsteps echoing up the basement stairs.

Madeline quickly proceeded to push Kennedy's back roughly, leading him to the front door quickly.

"Hasty one, aren't you?"

"Bye," she muttered, ignoring his comment and finally managing to push him outside.

"Talk to you later, babe," she heard him call out stupidly before making his way back to his red car.

Madeline shook her head in disbelief as she closed the door loudly, turning around and pressing her back to the wooden door just as Justin came into view.

His body was tense and his usually friendly eyes were angry as he stepped in front of her.
"Is he gone?"

She inhaled deeply and nodded slowly, breathing out a sigh of relief when she heard th sound of wheels rolling out of the driveway.

"He's gone," she reassured herself more than she did Justin.

"Good," he replied, wrapping a protective arm around her narrow shoulders and leading her downstairs again," You know about him don't you? About what he does to girls, right?"

Madeline nodded, knowing all to well.
A handful of her friends had fallen victim to Kennedy's cruel heart games and had warned her about the infamous guitarist. He could manipulate emotions and have you within the palm of his hand with just three simple words.

He was a man with flaws; too many flaws if you asked Madeline.
And she just couldn't tolerate that.

"Of course," she answered Justin," I don't want anything to do with him."

________________________________

Kennedy thought deep into the hours of the night about her.
About her angelic beauty, about her laugh, about her smile...
It was rare really, that this would happen to him.

He was completely infatuated with her, that was absolute.
Or was it just lust?

Either way, Kennedy found her hard to obtain, unlike any girl.
She was a resister, a girl like no other.
But why was she determined to be so distant from him?

Whatever the reason, Kennedy braced himself for the challege to come.
Kennedy Brock would find a way into her heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of short, huh? :/

so... How's everyone??
Over here, we just got bombared with more than 20 inches of snow on Saturday night, it was crazy! :) so school's out today because of snow day :D (yes! Haha)

I hope everyone liked this chapter and i'm sorry that things are going a bit slow right now. I
promise though, that they'll speed up later. I just don't want to rush things, ya know? I hope that's okay. Please stick around and you'll be rewarded :D

I really need feedback in this story so please comment!

Thanks to the following who submitted a comment for the previous chapter!:

Nicole!
GleannBusiness
Mrs_Jessica_Midnight
Jersey;

you guys are amazing :))

comment/subscribe!<3
thanks for reading!