Status: active!

Baby, We're Invincible

chapter six

"Man, he really took a swing at you, didn't he?"

Garrett Nickelsen chuckled loudly at the sight of Kennedy's black eye and slightly swollen lip.

"What'd ya do? Put a squirrel down his pants?"

Kennedy Brock groaned inwardly and looked up from his laptop to catch sight of Garrett, the Maine's bassist, laughing to himself and leaning against the doorframe of his room.

Kennedy glared at him," Yeah, keep laughing. You'll get a pretty nice black eye to match."

Garrett feigned fright and strode over to Kennedy's bed, making him comfortable on the edge of the edge.
"Oohh, I'm so scared of the guy who just got his ass kicked."

Kennedy swore under his breath and gave Garrett a death glare," Fuck you."

"I'd love to, but unfortunately, I'm due over at Chipotle for lunch."

"Damn."

"I know... You're invited by the way."

Kennedy laughed loudly," Justin's probably gonna be there. Thanks but no thanks."

Garrett scowled and threw a sock he had found on the bed at Kennedy's face.
"C'mon, Kenny! Since when are you ever afraid of someone else, much less Justin?!"

Kennedy sighed heavily and proceeded to look Garrett straight in the eyes," Is Madeline going to be there?"

Garrett nearly jumped, staring at Kennedy in shock,"So that's what this is about, isn't it? Justin is pissed that you're crushing on his sister..."

Kennedy shrugged," Pretty much. Not to mention he wants to beat the living shit out of me."

Garrett shook his head sadly, feeling empathy for him," Relax, man. I don't think she's going to be there and I'm sure Justin cooled down by now. Just come. It'll be cool, you've been holed up
in here for three days already."

Kennedy shrugged nonchalantly," Either way, do you see this?!"
He delicately fingered the bruised skin encircling his left eye," I'd rather not stroll around looking like fucking panda-man, thank you."

"What about your sister," Garrett calmly suggested," I'm sure she'll be glad to put a little makeup on that."

"Karen?" Kennedy asked skeptically," I'm not letting a six year old put makeup on me. I'll end up resembling a clown, if I'm lucky."

"Karen, be a sweetheart and come to your brother's room!"

Kennedy cursed at Garrett and his loud mouth, letting out a breath of angry air," You prick."

Karen, a sweet little six year old girl, skipped into Kennedy's room happily,carrying a worn out Teddy bear in her tiny hands, her pigtails swinging wildly with each step.

"Uncle Gary!" She cried happily, clinging onto Garrett's leg.

"Hey sweetie," Garrett smiled, bending down to hug the little girl," Do you think you can help your big brother out? He needs a beauty makeover to cover that ugly black eye. Do you think you can help out with that?"

Karen's hazel eyes brightened up instantly and her rosy lips puckered up into an ecstatic smile," Of course, I'll get my makeup kit!"

She smiled and skipped out of Kennedy's room, whispering loudly to the stuffed bear she held delicately in her arms," Did you hear that Mr. Cuddles? We get to give Kenny a makeover!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I look like an idiot."

Kennedy groaned as Garrett pulled into the Chipotle parking lot.

Garrett snickered," Why yes, you do. I mean, no you look fine."

Kennedy scowled at the bassist and gave him dagger eyes.

Garrett held up his hands in mock surrender," Chill man, just joking."

"Sure you were," Kennedy muttered and stepped out of Garrett's yellow car, painfully aware of his black eye and dreading the restuarant he was about to step into willingly.

-------------------

Madeline almost spit out her drink when she saw who else but Kennedy Brock, entering Chipotle and heading directly to the table she was sitting at. The nerve he had.

She heard a low curse of strings beside her and turned to look at Justin nervously.

"I'm going to the bathroom. Tell him he has ten minutes to leave or I'll give him hell," Justin growled, pushing his seat back roughly and walking towards the back of the restuarant briskly.

Madeline inhaled deeply and closed her eyes for a brief moment before getting up and plastering a smile on her face.

"Hey, Maddie!" Garrett greeted, engulfing her in a huge hug," I thought you go to classes today?"
She shrugged," The professor had an emergency or something. Very urgent."

Garrett nodded," Oh..."

Kennedy stared as they greeted each other, surprised at they way they acted, as if they were best friends.

They all sat down with Kennedy sitting directly in front of Madeline, an air of silence settling around the table, someone clearing their throat loudly.

"Yo, Garrett! Did you get my text about the gig we scored with the rocket boys?" John Ohh called out, bringing the awkward silence to a much needed end.

Everyone jumped into their own conversations with each other, leaving Kennedy and Madelome to stare down at the table awkwardly.

Kennedy felt Madeline lift her gaze and study him carefully," I see your eye got better."

He lifted his gaze as well, surprised at the calmness and friendliness in her blue irises.

"Nah, my little sister just put some makeup on it."

"Oh..." she muttered guiltily, then said hopefully," well, your lip looks less swollen."

"Magic of makeup again."

Madeline sighed and stood up," Can I talk to you outside Kennedy?"

Kennedy stood up as well and followed her out the heavy glass doors.
He spoke before she could.

"I suppose you're going to tell me to go away or Justin will beat the shit out of me."

Madeline bit her lip and nodded her head guiltily," I'm sorry, but if you don't, he'll give you hell. His words, not mine."

Kennedy nodded, assuming as much.
"Yeah, I understand... But I just have one favor to ask of you."

Madeline flinched and held her breath," Yes?"

"Tomorrow. Me and you. Breakfast at Denny's. I'll pick you up at 8am when Justin is still asleep. What do you say?"

Madeline shook her head fiercly," Not a chance Kennedy. Look, I don't want to have anything to do with you. I know about your reputation with girls. And I'm not going to fall for your stupid games."

There, she said it. Madeline crossed her fingers.

"I didn't think you were the kind of person who is so gullible as to beilive rumors, expecially ridiculous ones."

Madeline scowled," They're not rumors. I've seem it all happen. You're full of flaws Kennedy. Too many for me, actually."

Kennedy snickered," Haven't you heard?" he proceeded to sing," 'Nobody's perfect...'"

Madeline rolled her eyes and frowned in distaste," Yeah, but you're just about the worst I've ever seen. Please, just go home, Kennedy."

Kennedy shook his head defiantly," No. Just give me one chance. I'll show you I'm not the person you think I am. Please, Madeline, I'm begging you. We'll start a new slate."

She closed her eyes and rolled her head back, breathing in deeply.

Madeline looked back at Kennedy grimly and put up her pointer finger.
"One chance," she said sternly," Thats all you have."

With that she walked back inside the restuarant.

"8am," she yelled without looking back," Don't be late."
♠ ♠ ♠
Very long, haha.
I told you things would be speeding up, didn't I?
Because this was so long, consider it your new year's present :)
2009 was a good year for sure and I'll miss it, but I'm glad to start 2010 soon.
Every year I say I'll change but I never do... But this year will be different! ;D
I'm definetly going to try to eat healthier etc etc :)
what are some if your resolutions for the new year everyone? :)

on another note (sort of), in reference to the new year, I hidden something in this chapter referring to something "new".
The first person to figure it out will get a guest character role in this story :)
good luck and HAPPY NEW YEARRR!

<3

(this will be my last update for 2009)
it seems like so long but it really isn't haha.

Thank you to the following people who commented in the previous chapter:

Nicole!
Mrs_Jessica_Midnight
ilovetoast
Novarez


you guys rule :))

comment/subscribe?

-Lily