Status: active!

Baby, We're Invincible

chapter seven

"I can't believe I actually agreed to come here with you."

Kennedy clutched at his chest, feigning pain, and made a grimace at Madeline.
"Ouch, so harsh!"

She scowled at him with an irratated expression and clicked her tongue," Please. Why am I here again?"

Kennedy shrugged and flashed her a coy grin that belonged on a fox," I don't know? Maybe it's because of my irresistable charm? You were just dying to accept my invitation."

Madeline rolled her eyes in distaste," Oh yeah, now I remember. You were going to try to persuade me that you're not the jerk you're acting like right now."

Kennedy Brock laughed loudly, taking her words lightly," Aw, c'mon, you know I'm quite the perfect gentleman."

Madeline's lips were curling upwards into a sharp retort, but a waitress interrupted her.

"Hey, I'm Ashley. I'll be your waitress today. Have you decided on you order yet?"

Madeline rolled her eyes at the young waitress, nasuated by the flirty way she batted her long mascara-washed eyelashes at Kennedy while completely ignoring Madeline's prescence."

She looked over at Kennedy and was even more disgusted by the obvious lust in his eyed as he smiled wickedly.

"Hey Ash," he said, practically coaxing the sense out of the infatuated waitress," I think my friend and I are just about ready to order..."

Ashley's eyes automatically lit up at the mention of "friend", she was obviously pleased that he didn't adress Madeline as his "girlfriend".

She smirked, "That's great, what'll you be ordering, love?"

He smirked right back in return, flicking his eyes over the menu rapidly," The Grand Slam with bacon, eggs, biscuits and grits."

Kennedy turned his sly gaze to Madeline," What about you Mads?"

Madeline frowned upon the nickname she hated and sighed," The same as him please."

The waitress wrote their order down quickly, smiling politely and leaving, but not without sliding a note with her number scrawled across it to Kennedy and giving him one last admiring look.

---------------------//

"So let's start off new, okay?"

Madeline and Kennedy were now sitting on the wooden swings of a nearby park.

Kennedy extended his hand and smiled in encouragement.

Madeline snorted but took his hand nonetheless, releasing it almost as soon as she grabbed it.

"I'm Kennedy Brock and I play guitar in a band. What's your name, babe?"

"You know my name," she muttered.

"Work with me will you?" Kennedy pleaded.

She sighed heavily with renewed impatience," I'm Madeline Richards and I'm a photographer for a magazine."

Kennedy smiled widely," Favorite color?"

"Purple."

"When's your birthday?"

"Next week, on Friday. I'll be 21."

"Sweet. I'm 22, as of last month."

Madeline smiled half-heartedly," Thats good for you."

"Yeah," Kennedy grinned," So are you a virgin?"

Madeline's eyes widened and she gawked at him, appalled that he would eventhink of asking such a question.

"That's none of your business!"

He shrugged and smiled," I know... So are you?"

Madeline jumped off of the swing swiftly and made her way to Kennedy's car brisky," Take ne home now. You're absolutely, devastatingly hopeless."

Kennedy bolted after her, pouting like a puppy," I'm sorry? Please don't make me take you home yet."

She gave him a hard look," Home. Now."

Kennedy scowled, his face turning a slight shade of angry red," Why the hell do you hate me so much, Madeline? Please, humour me."

Madeline folded her arms across her chest and lifted her chin defiantly," You're a jerk. You're conceited. You're arrogant. You're rude. You just happened to get my best friend pregnant and evidently, you don't give a flying fuck."

Kennedy stood in shock, his eyes as wide as his mouth," Now, now. Let's not be rash... I'm sure this is just some sort of misunderstanding..."

She snorted angrily, the words coming out in an enraged hush," Yeah, right! You remember Amanda? You're an evil person Kennedy."

His breath caught in his throat when thar familiar name exited her rosy lips.

"I'll take you home now."

-----------------------//

"So I screwed up my only chance, didn't I?"

Kennedy pulled up to the Richard's driveway, too ashamed to even look directly at Madeline.

"Yeah, you did."

She grabbed her purse from the dashboard and opened the car door.

"Madeline."

She looked down at Kennedy, her heart struck by his pitiful hazel eyes.

"Will you help me change?"

She sighed," You're way past praying for, Kennedy."

Kennedy pleaded," Please?! I'll do whatever it takes."

Madeline's ears perked up," Whatever it takes?"

He nodded somberly, looking like he regretted his choice of words.

"Then it's done," Madeline exclaimed, stepping out of his car," Changing starts tomorrow, buddy."

Kennedy grinned big," Really? You'll help me?!"

Madeline shrugged," Yeah, but I won't be easy so take that silly grin off your face."

She eyed him carefully, wondering why in the world she had agreed to help him," You have a lot of flaws Kennedy. And I'll point out every.single.one."
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh :/
So yeah, I'm a little dissapointed with the amount of feedback I got on my last chapter. I really need to know what you guys think! So please, please, comment okay? (:

so basically every chapter from now on will focus on a certain flaw of Kennedy.
For example: one chapter will be dedicated to fixing his conceited manner, or rudeness, jealously etc. And so on. All of these flaws and the measure Madeline takes to correct them will lead up to that scene you read about in the first chapter of this story.

comment/ subscribe?

Extra thanks to Nicole! and sleepless nights; for the story comment!<3