Status: active!

The Haunted Masquerade

Beautiful, glowing gowns and faces twirled in circles; men in dark-colored tuxedos leading their partners in harmony to the music coming from the band on the small stage that sits in a corner of the grand ballroom. Faces are invisible, hidden behind glittering, extravagant masks. Laughter fills the air, going along with the glasses of wine and smiles on all of the guests' faces.

That was in the old days. Back in the early nineteen-hundreds, when certain people could live in beautiful mansions and have grand balls every night; when certain people lived in splendor.

But for some people, the Masquerade Ball at Martin Christenson's signaled an end to all of that. That was the night that Miss Katrina set fire to the mansion and poisoned herself out in the courtyard; that was the night that several guests couldn't escape with their lives.

Now the mansion is just a seemingly abandoned relic on an old hill on the edge of Colestown, rebuilt to its splendor decades ago by the now-long-gone Christenson family.

Until the local teens get an invitation from their new friend Martín at the high school -- the new kid that no one knows much about.

The party starts ten sharp on the night of May twenty-fifth. And if you got an invitation and want to keep your current standing in the high school hierarchy, you'd better show.

Be there or be square, right?