Status: Completed

High School Is the Least of Our Worries.

Chapter 10

Gerard.

I don’t like the idea of going back to school, because I’m literally walking willingly into a war, a war that consists of everyone against me. I’m ridiculously outnumbered; but maybe, just maybe, Frank could be with me too?

As Frank stands up and yawns loudly, I look away almost immediately. His shirt rides up and I get a glimpse of his stomach, and I know what’ll happen if I look at it too long. Thankfully, that doesn’t happen, and Frank grins at me. I stand up, returning the gesture, and we get our backpacks from the car and begin to walk to school. It’s a good hour away, and I try to keep awake. My eyes feel really heavy, and my walking becomes slouched and drooped. I really don’t know how I’ll survive the day.

Frank, on the other hand, doesn’t seem to be tired, but deep in thought. If I saw him thinking like this the first time I met him, I’d be really shocked. Frank the superjock, thinking?! But I know him better now. It’s really weird; I’ve only known him for a day, but my feelings about him have gone from one extreme to the other, and so much has happened in the short course of that time.

I see the expression on his face almost immediately. Frank, the most popular guy in school, friends with me. Not really much more to say; you don’t have to say why I’m loathed. Just take one look at me, and you see it in an instant.

The journey takes much longer than I expected. We would be talking normally, but Frank seems troubled. I just leave him to his thoughts, knowing that nothing I would say would help. We stop just in front of the school, and he looks at me. I know what he’s thinking; are his friends already here? What would they think when Gerard the emo kid walked in with Frank, their hero, their god?

Frank.

We get to the front door and my heart is ricocheting against my rib cage. To tell you the truth I’m petrified of my friends reaction.

“What lesson you got first?” I ask him.

“Uhh English” he replies.

I inwardly groan. “Me too” I say quietly as I walk towards the English classroom.

Gerard follows me and we walk in silence. The minute I walk in the classroom I hear a squeal and then the clip clop of high heels as Courtney totters towards me. She places a kiss on my lips, her lips now tasting of watermelon or some shit.

“Frankie baby, you could have at least changed your clothes!” she says and I resist looking at Gerard, inwardly smiling at how accurate my impression had been.

“Go away, fag,” I hear Courtney sneer and I inwardly cringe and turn to face a very hurt looking Gerard.

“Y-yeah Gerard fuck off,” I say quietly