Status: Completed

High School Is the Least of Our Worries.

Chapter 15

Nice long chapter for ya ;-)

Gerard.

His kiss gives me warmth. His embrace gives me strength. He gives me total security, like I’ll never be in danger of anything ever again. He asks if I want to go in, and I nod. We walk in together, backpacks slung over our shoulders, Frank’s presence reassuring me. He opens the door to his house, standing back to grant me entrance. I slowly enter, and lower my eyes to the floor as soon as I see it.

I can barely take it all in. He has a wonderful house. Huge curtains are draped over the French windows, chandeliers hang from the far away ceiling, and I see a grand piano on the third floor on the open veranda. Frank notices my discomfort and puts his hand on my shoulder, quickly snatching it away as a pretty woman approaches us, surveying us with calm serenity. She smiles at Frank, and her gaze falls to me, my baggy clothes, my bloodshot eyes, my greasy black hair. I run my hands through it nervously as she judges me, eventually sentencing me to disapprovement, and she sneers at me.

“Frank, honey,” she purrs, “Where’s Brad and Courtney? You don’t usually invite this sort of … company over.” She looks down at me and I try to smile. She doesn’t respond.

Frank ignores the question and says, “Mom, this is Gerard. Gerard, this is my mom.” I hold out my hand, but she doesn’t take it. Frank tries again, “We’re partnered for a history project.”

She brightens up suddenly, clearly relieved her son isn’t hanging around with me due to choice.

“Ok, honey, call me if you need me!” she sauntered off, her long blonde hair swaying from side to side as she walked. I couldn’t help but think that she looked like an older version of Courtney.

I looked down and Frank took my hand. “C’mon,” he whispered as he took me into a room just off the hallway.

Frank.

“Fucking hell, I’m sorry about her,” I say as we get to my room “She’s such a bitch, I hate her!”

“It’s okay,” He says quietly, his eyes travelling over my room. They stop as he see’s my football Jersey. He shakes his head and goes to sit on my king size bed.

“At least it confirmed my suspicions,” He whispers “I probably shouldn’t be sitting here, mommy wouldn’t want filth like me fucking up your bed sheets,” He continues, bitterness obvious in his voice.

“I’m sorry I really am,” I say, dropping my school bag and kicking it into the corner before going to sit down next to him on the bed.

“No I’m sorry, I’ve fucked up your life, Brad hates you and you’re lumbered with me for the next two weeks!" He says getting angry. He stands up and walks over to the mirror.

“Look at me,” He whispers, running his fingers through his scraggly hair and rubbing his bloodshot eyes.

I stand up and go over to him. “I don’t look too hot myself,” I reply, looking down at my creased clothes and messy hair. He looks at me and shakes his head.

Gerard.

He fucking doesn’t get it. He doesn’t know what it’s like to not just be ugly to everyone else, but to yourself too. He’s beautiful. He tries to make out he’s not, but he’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. His body just creates a passion in me. He saved me.

Before this, all this started, I promised myself that if this school turned out to be just like the others, me without any friends and being beaten up at least twice a week, I’d die. I’d slit my wrists, take an overdose, jump off the school roof, anything to end my life. I was getting so depressed and feeling so alone. I had no-one.

But then, Frank happened. Frank saved me, and brought me back into reality. He’s my drug.

I moved over to him, my eyes showing how thankful I am. I start to caress his cheek. He looks at me. ”Thank you” I whisper.

“For what?” he asks.

“For saving me,” I reply breathlessly, and kiss him once more. He intensifies it, kissing me harder, as I will for us to become one as we kiss.

Soon, too soon, Frank breaks the kiss and whispers, ”We had better get back to work.” I nod slowly, and take my hand off his cheek. I sigh and log on to Frank’s state-of-the-art laptop, noticing how he's beaten my own lifestyle once again.

Frank.

I can’t fucking concentrate with him sitting here right next to me. I’m so confused I feel like screaming. He’s fucking with my head. He’s turning my friends away from me and the absolutely terrifying thing is I don’t mind. Courtney still hasn’t noticed anything but then she’s never been the brightest thing.

I’ve known this kid a day. One fucking day; it’s fucking insane. I’ve never kissed a guy before today, I’ve never particularly wanted to. It was all about girls for me, but Gerard’s different…

After about an hour of trying to concentrate I slam my laptop shut and groan, leaning back in my chair.

“What’s wrong?” he asks as he looks at me.

“Oh nothing really,” I pause for a second “You wanna take a break?” I ask as I stand up.

“Yeah sure,” he says as he stands up too, walking over to me and pulling me into a hug. I hug back tightly

“What’s this for, hey?” I ask him softly.

“Just thought you looked like you needed a hug,” He whispers and leans his head on my shoulder. I grin to myself before pulling away.

“It’s still light outside, you wanna go on my trampoline? I haven’t been on it for ages!” I exclaim with a hyper grin on my face.

Gerard laughs at me before nodding “I’d love to."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments mean the world to us! <3